Getting parcels delivered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Make sure your doorbell works!
Mine's out of action, and (enjoying my very long holiday) I was at home... heard a faint knock on the door, investigated, found a card saying "tried to deliver" etc, went out, saw the van just about to drive away, he stopped (thankfully) and delivered (phew!) Ipod for kid #1, phone for kid #2 and books and stuff for kid #3! :biggrin::biggrin:
Looking more closely at the card, after he'd gone, it said "This was 2nd attempt at delivery, so goods will be returned to supplier"!
Jeepers! Just saved the nippers from Xmas disappointment! Phew!
2 yrs ago I did that classic dad thing when I got eldest kid an electric guitar... "Here, let me just tune it up for you" ... [tighten, tighten ... TWANG!] ...er no, I didn't have any spare strings either! :thumbsup:

Fnaar said:
2 yrs ago I did that classic dad thing when I got eldest kid an electric guitar... "Here, let me just tune it up for you" ... [tighten, tighten ... TWANG!] ...er no, I didn't have any spare strings either! :thumbsup:
you so did that on purpose, didnt you?!:biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:
Make sure your doorbell works!
You are the lucky one to get a card. Around here they phone first, and if no reply they don't come to the door. After a week you realise your package is overdue and have to contact the supplier, and the main line courier then a local courier Grrrrr.
Fortunately the Royal Mail and Parcelforce still provide an excellent service.:thumbsup:

Chris James

Über Member
snorri said:
Fortunately the Royal Mail and Parcelforce still provide an excellent service.:biggrin:

Normally I would agree with you, but since one of my wife's presents was despatched by Amazon via Royal mail on the 8th December and there is still no sign then they are not all together brillaint either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I 've got one sat with city link. Helpful lady advised me not to pick it up in the evening as it was crazy...best come first thing sat.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
andy_wrx said:
ParcelFarce do ? Really ?

do they buggery. they lost a camera from pixmania.com, who dragged their feet (and continue to do so) investigating this that i've bought one elsewhere and will be getting money back.

used by apple, ups and tnt, both excellent, esp. tnt who called to let me know when delivery was due.

Jaded

City Link.

I think their core business is knitting doilies for the Ecclefechan White Heather Club's ' Dundee Cakes.

They sure as hell never deliver anything.

Pete

Royal Mail may not be the most efficient, but they suit us fine, because their collection point is just a few hundred yards round the corner from where I work, so if I get one of those cards (and they always keep stuff for a week or two), it's easy for me. Once I put in an order (for a video recorder I think it was) and it was sent by a different courier, their depot was 20 miles away, so I had to do a 40 mile round trip (by car) just to collect the wretched thing. Since then, whenever ordering mail order, if I have a choice, I look for one that offers Royal Mail shipment.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i once had to drive artwork for the local paper i worked for all the way from alderly edge (cheshire) to horncastle (lincolnshire) because some twunt at city link thought that the artwork had come all the way from lincolnshire to trafford park (manchester) for city link to deliver it 15 miles down the road.

cue a 6 hour waste of a day ;)

Top Bottom