Getting rid of the last bit of belly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
As mumbled about at great length elsewhere I'm not half the man I was this time last year.

Overall the bulk of my upper body flubber has gone, there's barely any chub on my legs and I'm very pleased with my progress, apart from one bit...

My belly.

My gut now only sticks out the front (rather than previously when it hung out the sides, round the back etc), and I can hide it fairly well when walking or trying to look slim, but lummy it's still blimmin' there.

My calorie intake has been about right (about 2500) for a year now (well maybe a little low, but not very low) and my fitness levels are lovely. I've been building up the number of leg lifts and crunches I do each day and if I tense my stomach it feels pretty firm.

So why the half football on a plank look?

Starving myself obviously won't work, and upping the mileage (usually around 400 miles per month) means upping the calorie intake.

I wouldn't say I'm demoralised, but I would have hoped a year of frantic cycling would have burned this belly off by now.

Any ideas?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Has your weight been static for a while?

Update me a little from the Water thread. How often/far do you ride? current weight?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
do you drink beer?

ah... ok, maybe have a couple of months off the alcohol altogether.

although the beer belly is a bit of a myth, a pint of beer is very high calorie.

and as i understand it, target exercise does get fit of that fat... how about a male tummy tuck?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
You could probably afford to drop to 2200 or so providing it doesn't negatively effect your ability to ride. Longer runs, eat a little back and all that.

You're on the hardest part of males losing weight,but you've got this far!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You could probably afford to drop to 2200 or so providing it doesn't negatively effect your ability to ride. Longer runs, eat a little back and all that.

I'll give it a crack. I've always struggled to reach 2500 a day so cutting back a bit shouldn't be too tough.

You can't get rid of that's last bit of belly until you have a body like a Greek God I'm afraid.

This is not the voice of experience.

Top Bottom