Water consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another quick update - my lycra that once was tight on my biceps is now baggy! I'm fine with loosing a bit of arm mass as I can build muscles far too easily and just don't want them!

Also my belly has changed shape; it still sticks out, but now only in the middle around my belly button, the, er, side bits have gone!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another update...

I tracked every bit of food and drink that passed my lips for a few weeks and have plucked out a week at random here, hopefully I've managed to attach the PDF report to this post, but the summary is:
DATE KCAL
07/06/12 - 1591
08/06/12 - 1497
09/06/12 - 2798
10/06/12 - 2399
11/06/12 - 2009
12/06/12 - 2046
13/06/12 - 2510
(My god I can tell which days my in-laws were spoiling me!)

In the same period I cycled 91.62 miles burning a theoretical 6214kcal

Looks like I'm still struggling to hit 2500 calories a day, and I've been making a real effort to eat a LOT!

Attachments

• Andrew Cultures gob stuffing.pdf
    532.5 KB · Views: 36

lejogger

Guru
Yup, I'm feeling much better for eating properly, and if people would stop buying me beer I'm sure a bit more belly will drop off! My guy only really hangs out when I slouch now, which is major progress.
your GUY hangs out? Are you referring to Andrew jnr? You can get locked up for behaviour like that :smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well the gods of CycleChat told me to go commando!

lejogger

Guru
I think you're hugely overestimating the calories that you're burning, but if you're losing weight anyway then it probably doesn't matter that much.
I agree that there is probably a bit of an overestimation, maybe not a huge one. I work on the basis that if I cycle at 90% effort (depending on which bike, that's averaging between 18-22mph) over 10miles or approx 30 minutes then I'm going to burn around 500 calories.
For 90 miles I'll therefore expect to burn 4500 calories not 6000+

I may be being a little conservative, but it's better to be that way if weight loss is the goal - to ensure you're not over-replenishing.

It very much depends how much effort you're exerting and what your heart rate is. For weight loss and fat burn a steadier speed at a lower heart rate is generally accepted as being more productive.

amaferanga

Veteran
I agree that there is probably a bit of an overestimation, maybe not a huge one. I work on the basis that if I cycle at 90% effort (depending on which bike, that's averaging between 18-22mph) over 10miles or approx 30 minutes then I'm going to burn around 500 calories.
For 90 miles I'll therefore expect to burn 4500 calories not 6000+

I may be being a little conservative, but it's better to be that way if weight loss is the goal - to ensure you're not over-replenishing.

It very much depends how much effort you're exerting and what your heart rate is. For weight loss and fat burn a steadier speed at a lower heart rate is generally accepted as being more productive.

1000 kCal/hour would mean riding at about 270W. Most people couldn't ride at 270W for 4.5 hours.

Top Bottom