Water consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another quick update - my lycra that once was tight on my biceps is now baggy! I'm fine with loosing a bit of arm mass as I can build muscles far too easily and just don't want them!

Also my belly has changed shape; it still sticks out, but now only in the middle around my belly button, the, er, side bits have gone!

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another update...

I tracked every bit of food and drink that passed my lips for a few weeks and have plucked out a week at random here, hopefully I've managed to attach the PDF report to this post, but the summary is:
DATE KCAL
07/06/12 - 1591
08/06/12 - 1497
09/06/12 - 2798
10/06/12 - 2399
11/06/12 - 2009
12/06/12 - 2046
13/06/12 - 2510
(My god I can tell which days my in-laws were spoiling me!)

In the same period I cycled 91.62 miles burning a theoretical 6214kcal

Looks like I'm still struggling to hit 2500 calories a day, and I've been making a real effort to eat a LOT!

Attachments

• Andrew Cultures gob stuffing.pdf
    532.5 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Yup, I'm feeling much better for eating properly, and if people would stop buying me beer I'm sure a bit more belly will drop off! My guy only really hangs out when I slouch now, which is major progress.

lejogger

Guru
Yup, I'm feeling much better for eating properly, and if people would stop buying me beer I'm sure a bit more belly will drop off! My guy only really hangs out when I slouch now, which is major progress.
your GUY hangs out? Are you referring to Andrew jnr? You can get locked up for behaviour like that :smile:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well the gods of CycleChat told me to go commando!

lejogger

Guru
I think you're hugely overestimating the calories that you're burning, but if you're losing weight anyway then it probably doesn't matter that much.
I agree that there is probably a bit of an overestimation, maybe not a huge one. I work on the basis that if I cycle at 90% effort (depending on which bike, that's averaging between 18-22mph) over 10miles or approx 30 minutes then I'm going to burn around 500 calories.
For 90 miles I'll therefore expect to burn 4500 calories not 6000+

I may be being a little conservative, but it's better to be that way if weight loss is the goal - to ensure you're not over-replenishing.

It very much depends how much effort you're exerting and what your heart rate is. For weight loss and fat burn a steadier speed at a lower heart rate is generally accepted as being more productive.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
That's calories according to Endomondo, although to follow up one of the points above I never dawdle :smile:

If I could afford to I'd get a heartrate monitor to make things a bit more accurate

amaferanga

Veteran
I agree that there is probably a bit of an overestimation, maybe not a huge one. I work on the basis that if I cycle at 90% effort (depending on which bike, that's averaging between 18-22mph) over 10miles or approx 30 minutes then I'm going to burn around 500 calories.
For 90 miles I'll therefore expect to burn 4500 calories not 6000+

I may be being a little conservative, but it's better to be that way if weight loss is the goal - to ensure you're not over-replenishing.

It very much depends how much effort you're exerting and what your heart rate is. For weight loss and fat burn a steadier speed at a lower heart rate is generally accepted as being more productive.

1000 kCal/hour would mean riding at about 270W. Most people couldn't ride at 270W for 4.5 hours.

amaferanga

Veteran
That's calories according to Endomondo, although to follow up one of the points above I never dawdle :smile:

If I could afford to I'd get a heartrate monitor to make things a bit more accurate

A HR monitor would make the calorie guess different, not necessarily closer to reality.

Top Bottom