1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting to 2000 members!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Shaun, 16 Aug 2007.

1. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Okay, so how do we do it?

We're getting a steady influx of 6 to 10 new members a day - which isn't bad - but I'd like to see us hit 2000+ active members!

Any SEO gurus out there that could get us listed in lots of search engines?

Anyone edit a cycle mag that could give us a mention?

Anyone edit their local council web site that could give us a link - or any web site for that matter?

Any ideas at all really. I just feel it would be good to get the cycling part of the chat going, if you know what I mean ;)

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

One thing a guy I know does is put a link to websites at the bottom of any e-mails he sends.

human nature is to be curious and he gets many hits from this.
    Not saying this will def gain new members but it give a little more exposure if all the members did the same?

3. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

I hope you're not one of these Sects/Cults?

Shaun, I think it will naturally snowball anyway, just give it time.

4. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

You could always take out an ad in C+ ;-)

5. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

ROFLMAO :ohmy:

6. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

No, but I know a man who does...:ohmy:

I also like the C+ ad idea!:ohmy:

7. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Most national papers have a cycling column now. Send an email to the guys that write those columns, mentioning that most of the knowledge from C+ is now here, and we might get a mention. C+ forum used to get mentions, so don't see why we shouldn't.......

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

6 to 10 new members a day seems not too bad to me. It's getting people to post regularly that's the hard bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Get a list of all the cycle clubs in the uk and send them a promo e mail asking them if they would paste in a link code to this site in their own sites...you could offer them a recipricol link on here somewhere?

10. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

I've bladdered off e-mails to my (now) LA and my ex LA asking them to put a link in to here on there "sustrans page", stating also that it's ad free so they wouldn't be endorsing companies/products