getting to sleep easier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Can't do much physical exercise at the moment - playing havoc with me trying to get to sleep.
Always seem to have a busy mind at night and sometimes lie there for a good 2+hours.
Apart from sniffing chloroform, any tips?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
User3143 said:
Bang one out?

I nearly went to the bookies to bet on richp saying that first - if I wanted to put a few more bets in then you sure would have been up there :smile:

GIN_BOTTLE.jpg

Won't help you sleep any better. But you won't care about it anymore :smile:

Do you need that much sleep?

I often stay up until about 1am and find 6 hours sleep quite OK. If I dont feel tired I dont go to bed (unless wifey calls!)
I hate not being able to go to sleep. Strangely I get periods of being awake often when there is a full moon or a very bright night (even if I am indoors and do not notice it is like that until I turn the lights off).

So perhaps change your expecations of bed time to fit your sleep requirement.

buggi

Bird Saviour
make sure the room is pitch black (thick curtains).

or try and stay awake... a sure thing to send you to sleep

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
sarahpink said:
reading before bed helps me, something to eat with calcium encourages sleep, no idea why a dietician once told me.

Not sure about Calcium, but foods rich in the Amino acid Tryptophan aid sleep and relaxation. One of the major sources is... MILK. Along with a few other goodies it contains it's one good reason to have a nightime milky drink.

I find sweet tea actually helps me sleep, especially if I wake in the middle of the night.

Leave the radio on low, some think talky like R4 works for me. In fact my DAB also plays soothing Forest rain or waves on the seashore to aid sleep.

Bedtime reading is good too.

Cracking one off also works.

If in doubt... do all of them; Milk drink + Book + Radio + Quickie...;)

rh100

Fab Foodie said:
Not sure about Calcium, but foods rich in the Amino acid Tryptophan aid sleep and relaxation. One of the major sources is... MILK. Along with a few other goodies it contains it's one good reason to have a nightime milky drink.

I find sweet tea actually helps me sleep, especially if I wake in the middle of the night.

Leave the radio on low, some think talky like R4 works for me. In fact my DAB also plays soothing Forest rain or waves on the seashore to aid sleep.

Bedtime reading is good too.

Cracking one off also works.

If in doubt... do all of them; Milk drink + Book + Radio + Quickie...;)

I want one! Is it built into the radio or is it a channel broadcasting? If it's the radio what model please?

apart from the above, I find for sleeping it helps to concentrate and find what muscles are tense and concsiously (sp?) release them, it's amazing how tense you can be without realizing it.

Top Bottom