getting to the start?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

p90ade

thanks alot joe i have managed to find that one for £20 but cant find the £50 ticket. that`ll do perfect though, thanks alot.

OP
OP
P

p90ade

its now 12 weeks to the off so i have started to look at booking the train tickets.
i dont know what i did last time to get the £20 ones but i cant find them again, just keep getting £132.50 again.
we need to be leaving late thursday the 17th of june or early friday the 18th.
anyone help please!!!!

TwoTired

Another ploy which you can try is to break your journey into stages so for birmingham new street to edinburgh then edinburgh to georgemas junction I found a combined price of £41.50.

robgul

Legendary Member
The "12 weeks" is a little misleading - it's not cast in stone - it's "about 12 weeks" ... Scotrail seems further behind than the other train cos.

Patience!

Rob

robgul

Legendary Member
Yebbut - have you got PHYSICAL TICKETS for the bikes ... you can't just take your bike on the long-distance (or Inverness Wick) trains with any sort of certainty without ... you may get the bike on at the station you board at but if someone has a bike ticket from a station further on you will chucked off the train.

You have been warned!

Rob

Paco

Folders

If you consider taking a folder or separable bike, you will be able to take it on the train like luggage, and no booking!
I did LEJOG 18 months ago on a Moulton, and on the way down to Penzance, a train porter not only helped me on with the bike, but also put it up on the luggage rack for me. Confirmation it counts as luggage;0)

Top Bottom