Ghosts - Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luplowe

Yes !! there all over the place ..

--years ago i worked in an old house been empty for years .. i opened the loft hatch for the first time in years as i opened it a gust of wind flew past me ,, what could that of been!! not as if the loft was airtight- i reckon a ghost stuck up there for years .. they cant walk through walls but they there everywhere .... Beware...

Dave5N

Über Member
around 150,000 people die every day. Most from painful disease or violence.

Why are there so few non-Victorian ghosts?

Dave5N said:
around 150,000 people die every day. Most from painful disease or violence.

Why are there so few non-Victorian ghosts?

For the same reason most re-incarnated people are Cleopatra or Henry VIII.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We need to believe in ghosts for the same reason we need religions and all the other mythology twaddle we have invented for ourselves.

I've been knocking around some strange and deserted places for 53 years and I've never seen anything. I've had two memorably scary experiences in the dark when I thought I sensed something near me but I'm sure it was nothing but my imagination.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Dave5N said:
Ghosts as in dead things come back to haunt us?

No. Grow up.

Well thats a bit of a moronic post IMO Dave (No Offence).

You obviously dont believe in anything paranormal, thats fine and many have followed suit. I am undecided, just because I have never seen any evidence to support this 100% does not mean it does not exist.

Likewise there are many that probably do believe, yet your slightly aggressive post (and 5 dismissive posts that continued) will deter some people from voicing their opinion for fear of being the target of negativity from you.

Perhaps it is you that should grow up? this is after all a light hearted discussion area.

colly

Re member eR
Ghosts? Don't think so.

BUT...I have a had a couple of odd things happen to me, or near me that I can not explain.
Nothing like a see through bloke walking around with his head under his arm and all that crap but things which really have no explanation. Not scary or frightening but unsettling.

Also not just me that had experienced them.

IF, and it is a big if, there are ghosts, or what ever you want to call them, how would you necessarily know you had seen one?

tyred

Legendary Member
I have no personal experience of them and tend to not to believe in them but I keep an open mind as some I know are convinced of having experience of the supernatural. My uncle is one of them and is convinced by what he saw and he is normally one of the most cynical people I have ever come across.

gbb

Legendary Member
I dont believe, but i dont know either based on an experience the wife had...
Next door neighbours were good friends and her aged mother lived there too. In her dying days at home (next door), my wife spent quite a lot of time there, comforting our friend.
Come the end, the mother passed away...and within minutes of her passing, their dog went mental, looking up at the ceiling above the body of the mother and bark bark barked.....for quite some time, he was inconsolable. For a while after (a couple days maybe), the dog seemed transfixed with this point above where the mother had died.

Ghosts ?...i dont believe in the normal sense, but i do wonder if there are normally unseen energy sources out there that we interpret as 'ghosts'.

Mr Pig

One night, after closing time a barman is sitting at his bar minding his own buisiness, when a spectral hound floats in through the door.

The barman, being an exceptionally cool kind of guy, asks "yeah, what do you want?". The phantom hound explains, in a haunting voice "Ive lost my tail...... and cannot rest until a kindly barman stitches it back-on".

At this request the barman stands back astonished and says to the phantom dog..... "Sorry, but we dont re-tail spirits at this time of night".

Top Bottom