Ghosts - Yes or no?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm open minded about it, although I have never seen anything or have proof of their existence.

My wife's grandfather was a Jewish medium who went into trances and spoke in tongues, different languages, etc. He said he talked to the dead. I never met him but my m-i-l is insistent her father was genuine and had no reason to lie. My wife did see him in trance state a couple of times as a youngster but didn't understand the implication of what was happening (if indeed anything was).

There's a good chance he was off his rocker or had a bi-polar disorder. But what if he was genuine?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I've seen three

Rhythm Thief said:
No. The fact that one believes ghosts exist is enough for one's brain to manufacture ghosts in situations where one expects to see them.

Yes. The fact that one doesn't believe ghosts exist is enough for one's brain to not manufacture ghosts in situations where one doesn't expect to see them.

:biggrin:

Mr Pig

I can fully understand why some people do not believe in ghosts. I myself do not believe in Mount Everest!

I know that many people do believe that Mount Everest exists but I personally have never seen it. I have seen 'evidence' in the form of photographs and film but these could be fake, after all one mountain does look very much like another.

Some people claim to have been to Mount Everest but these people are most likely deluded or simply mistaken. As the existence of Mount Everest would throw into turmoil my whole belief system, and make me look foolish for denying it for so long, I will continue to evade as much evidence as I can for as long as possible. After all, if I have not seen the evidence I can make an intellectually sound denial 'til the cows come home :0)

gbb

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
I can fully understand why some people do not believe in ghosts. I myself do not believe in Mount Everest!

I know that many people do believe that Mount Everest exists but I personally have never seen it. I have seen 'evidence' in the form of photographs and film but these could be fake, after all one mountain does look very much like another.

Some people claim to have been to Mount Everest but these people are most likely deluded or simply mistaken. As the existence of Mount Everest would throw into turmoil my whole belief system, and make me look foolish for denying it for so long, I will continue to evade as much evidence as I can for as long as possible. After all, if I have not seen the evidence I can make an intellectually sound denial 'til the cows come home :0)

Bloody ell...you'll be telling me man never landed on the moon next :wacko:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Non of you are real! This forum does not exist, its all in my head... put there by robots while they sap my body's energy like a battery!

(well it is the 10 year Anniverasy of the Matrix today)

Dave5N

Über Member
Mr Pig said:
One night, after closing time a barman is sitting at his bar minding his own buisiness, when a spectral hound floats in through the door.

The barman, being an exceptionally cool kind of guy, asks "yeah, what do you want?". The phantom hound explains, in a haunting voice "Ive lost my tail...... and cannot rest until a kindly barman stitches it back-on".

At this request the barman stands back astonished and says to the phantom dog..... "Sorry, but we dont re-tail spirits at this time of night".

The best post you ever made. I rarely laugh out loud, but I did at this.

Dave5N

Über Member
Wigsie said:
Well thats a bit of a moronic post IMO Dave (No Offence).

You obviously dont believe in anything paranormal, thats fine and many have followed suit. I am undecided, just because I have never seen any evidence to support this 100% does not mean it does not exist.

Likewise there are many that probably do believe, yet your slightly aggressive post (and 5 dismissive posts that continued) will deter some people from voicing their opinion for fear of being the target of negativity from you.

Perhaps it is you that should grow up? this is after all a light hearted discussion area.

1: None (or at least, very little) taken.

2: Let's hope so. :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Time for one of my favourite cr@p jokes...
Q: What does a mummy ghost say to a baby ghost?
A: Don't spook unless you are spooken to

(actually the sentiment that plays on is so old fashioned now... an update would be "If you don't spook, I'll give you lots of sweets and coke and buy you a burger and an Ipod". :tongue:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Fnaar said:
Time for one of my favourite cr@p jokes...
Q: What does a mummy ghost say to a baby ghost?
A: Don't spook unless you are spooken to

(actually the sentiment that plays on is so old fashioned now... an update would be "If you don't spook, I'll give you lots of sweets and coke and buy you a burger and an Ipod". :wacko:

Or a game for the PS3! :tongue::blush:

xx(

Top Bottom