Giant Defy 5.. a terrible mistake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After all that talking and measuring and measuring again, and reading, thinking, trying, trying one more time, get confused, misled, misinformed and temporarily enlightened.. suddenly this morning and while I was bidding on a Specialized Allez on eBay, I felt nausea! Literally!! xx( It all got too much.. And then I was completely fed up looking and waiting and looking some more. I retracted my bidding and went straight away and bought a Giant Defy 5! :blink:
And suddenly I feel very insecure and almost regretting my -oh so- impulsive choice (although it was scoring very high up in my list, but still)..

Did I just make a terrible mistake? :cry:

zizou

Veteran
Yes terrible mistake

You can give it to me and i will dispose of it for a small fee

defy-one

Oh the shame of it .... Hand it over and bid on the allez ;)

I need a good solid well proportioned winter bike. Ok it doesn't have a carbon fork,but that will keep me fit over the winter :smile:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Yes terrible mistake
You can give it to me and i will dispose of it for a small fee

:laugh:

Oh the shame of it .... Hand it over and bid on the allez ;)
I need a good solid well proportioned winter bike. Ok it doesn't have a carbon fork,but that will keep me fit over the winter :smile:

..no carbon fork PLUS it's an ex-hire bike (from Tri UK).. that's another thing that makes me worried a bit.. :huh: No, I'm not saying it's not a decent bike, I'm just worried it's not the best choice maybe (especially considering I'm a girl and -as already mentioned in a different thread- I'm aware that I will have to invest in gender specific saddle and shorter stem..)?
Or maybe I'm just having my 10 minutes of insecurity before the "whatever-attitude".. :laugh:

It's got a special name this insecurity...

Post Purchase Cognitive Dissonance is the phrase we give to the state of unease which exists in the customer’s mind after buying a product or service

Probably a pile of old tosh invented by marketeers and subconsciously implanted to make you go out and buy something else to mitigate it. I recommend some accessories!

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
It's got a special name this insecurity...

Post Purchase Cognitive Dissonance is the phrase we give to the state of unease which exists in the customer’s mind after buying a product or service

Probably a pile of old tosh invented by marketeers and subconsciously implanted to make you go out and buy something else to mitigate it. I recommend some accessories!

Oh yes! I can go with that!! I'm already feeling better having a name for it! :cuppa: Thank you! And admitedly, it takes the weight off your shoulders if you have a disorder to blame, isn't it?

And now that you both mention accessories.. it has toe clip pedals.. I will have to buy clipless if I want to need new shoes, don't I?? :laugh:

tadpole

And now that you both mention accessories.. it has toe clip pedals.. I will have to buy clipless if I want to need new shoes, don't I?? :laugh:
I didn't know you could get 6"spike heeled jimmy choo with cleats?

I didn't know you could get 6"spike heeled jimmy choo with cleats?

Not Jimmy Choo's...but certainly heeled ^_^
cleats-on-boots-500x331.jpg

tadpole

What on earth makes you think that I would buy a Giant Defy if I could afford a pair of Jimmy Choo's?? :laugh:

p.s.: btw if I wanted to invest on a 6" spike heeled, it would be on a black classic Louboutin!! French classics all the way.. ;)
I'm a man, I know nothing about the price of shoes,:biggrin: (school shoes not withstanding)

Top Bottom