Giant Defy 5.. a terrible mistake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob500

Post some photos when you take delivery Fluff.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff

tadpole

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
It's got a special name this insecurity...

Post Purchase Cognitive Dissonance is the phrase we give to the state of unease which exists in the customer’s mind after buying a product or service

Probably a pile of old tosh invented by marketeers and subconsciously implanted to make you go out and buy something else to mitigate it. I recommend some accessories!
AKA "buyers remorse".

Its a real condition and is probably more accurately defined as "realisation that you've talked yourself into doing something rash".

I once returned a beautiful and very costly motorcycle (Triumph Sprint 1050 ST) just 3 days after purchasing it...I'd spent 3 months choosing another bike and did exactly the same as you. In the end I was sat on the tube thinking I'd made a terrible mistake. I was lucky to have an understanding dealer.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
No, sorry you misunderstood, I buy shoes one pair at a time, I've no use buying by the shop full.

:laugh: exactly why I said I wouldn't buy a Defy if I could afford a JC!!! Cause if you add a JC to my budget I could almost buy a full carbon one!!! :wub:

yup! women are crazy.. I know!!!!! :headshake:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
AKA "buyers remorse".

Its a real condition and is probably more accurately defined as "realisation that you've talked yourself into doing something rash".

I once returned a beautiful and very costly motorcycle (Triumph Sprint 1050 ST) just 3 days after purchasing it...I'd spent 3 months choosing another bike and did exactly the same as you. In the end I was sat on the tube thinking I'd made a terrible mistake. I was lucky to have an understanding dealer.

You got me panicking again!! :blink::scratch:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
You got me panicking again!! :blink::scratch:
Never ignore your gut feeling.

Sorry

Although, I should qualify the reasons,as they wont translate to the cycle choice (which is to say, perhaps you can calm down again)

My impulse choice cost a packet to insure, a packet to run (less efficient than my car) cost a packet to tax, a packet to service, and was far to powerful for the purpose I would mainly use it for.

but it was beautiful and sexy and kinda whispered to me as I walked past.

none of those are relevant to cycling.(except the last bit:rolleyes: )

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Never ignore your gut feeling.

Sorry

Although, I should qualify the reasons,as they wont translate to the cycle choice (which is to say, perhaps you can calm down again)

My impulse choice cost a packet to insure, a packet to run (less efficient than my car) cost a packet to tax, a packet to service, and was far to powerful for the purpose I would mainly use it for.

but it was beautiful and sexy and kinda whispered to me as I walked past.

none of those are relevant to cycling.(except the last bit:rolleyes: )

phew!!! :heat:
The good news are that: a./ I paid 375 quid for it, b./ I trust I can service it myself (in the future, as it's already serviced at the moment) and c./ it will cost me, say, a chewing gum to insure?? :becool: So, in that respect I think I'm ok..
Will have to wait and see.. It will be a long weekend by the looks of it! :addict:

(I googled your motorbike.. wow.. it did look nice!!!)

Top Bottom