Giant Defy 5.. a terrible mistake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
I should clarify - I wouldn't choose to wear myself per se, but if I were to recommend from the perspective of a person who makes shoes professionally. I am a bloke, yes ;)

Is that you or someone you know? Either way it's rare to find a man knowing anything at all about fashion designers, let alone behind the scenes stories.. :laugh:

Zakalwe

Ahah, that would be me. It's mostly men in fashion though isn't it really - McQueen, Dior, Marc Jacobs, Nicholas Kirkwood, Yves Saint Laurent et al

Has she signed for Omega Pharma Quick Step yet?

Chris-H

Über Member
Just noticed where you're from Marshmallow,we're just up the road from you,hows the Giant performing and if you ever fancy a fellow female riding buddy my wife has the same bike and would like to ride with another girl,i think she gets a bit "bloked" out riding with me everytime.

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Well, did the earth move or what ?

Still out there, rides so well decided to keep on until Lands End.

Has she signed for Omega Pharma Quick Step yet?

:laugh::laugh: I was planning to give feedback accompanied by a photo of Ruben (yes, I named him Ruben indeed!), but he was too muddy after the ride and when he was at last clean (ofcourse after a proper bubble bath, sauna, aromatherapy massage, egyptian cotton pj's on etc) it was time to go.. so.. photo evidence will have to wait until tomorrow!! :shy:
But, yes, he is lovely!!! Smooth and a lot lighter than what I'm used to (ok, maybe not compared to a carbon one, but for me feels like a feather) and quick! I'm very happy!! :bravo:
I was very pleased to find out that the stem is absolutely fine and will not need changing, the saddle however.. lets say .. I felt it!!! :laugh: So, yes, new -womens specific- saddle and mudguards immediately!!!!

..and also.. thank you all for the interest!! You're very sweet! :hugs:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
Just noticed where you're from Marshmallow,we're just up the road from you,hows the Giant performing and if you ever fancy a fellow female riding buddy my wife has the same bike and would like to ride with another girl,i think she gets a bit "bloked" out riding with me everytime.

Well, I'm riding to Bedford almost every other day!!! And, by all means, if your wife fancies some company PM me a mobile or something to arrange our outings! It would be great!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marshmallow_Fluff
It's not summer yet, but it's nearly spring.. Time to upgrade methinks! :reading:

Initially was tempted by the looks of a Bianchi Via Nirone Dama, but I came to my senses and currently I'm divided between
a./ Cannondale Synapse 105
b./ Cube Peloton Race (triple or compact.. decisions, decisions)

Any suggestions? :blink:

outlash

also available in orange
I was reading through this thread thinking that you was riding a defy when we met recently but then I looked at the date of the posts :-) ..

As it happens, I've been doing a little bit of window shopping in advance of a big birthday later in the year and the synapse does light my candle (but then so does the CAAD 8, must be a cannondale thing :-) ) but there's a lot of choice with that kind of budget.

Tony.

Top Bottom