Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1 - the lure of n+1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pclay

Veteran

drkash

I'm looking at upgrading my Trek MADONE 2013 bike. Looking for an endurance bike for comfort with hydraulic discs and better gears (the Ultegra 6700 don't feel great on my bike).

I've seen this exact same bike in the first thread, around £1600 - given this is now 8yrs old should I look for something newer or should the Di2 still work fine now? Anything else to be concerned about with a bike this age?

Also it is a Large and I'm 6ft (184cm) so it could be slightly big?

Alternatively there is a Trek Domane AL5 disc (aluminium frame, 105 groupset) in the 2022 model for £900 - given this is so much newer would this be better although the spec is not as good.

Thanks

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I'm looking at upgrading my Trek MADONE 2013 bike. Looking for an endurance bike for comfort with hydraulic discs and better gears (the Ultegra 6700 don't feel great on my bike).

I've seen this exact same bike in the first thread, around £1600 - given this is now 8yrs old should I look for something newer or should the Di2 still work fine now? Anything else to be concerned about with a bike this age?

Also it is a Large and I'm 6ft (184cm) so it could be slightly big?

Alternatively there is a Trek Domane AL5 disc (aluminium frame, 105 groupset) in the 2022 model for £900 - given this is so much newer would this be better although the spec is not as good.

Thanks
Which model Trek Madone do you have?

drkash

This is an excellent bike, why don’t you upgrade the components rather than change the bike.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I wouldn't even know where to start! I would need a LBS to make the changes for me and I think it would be easiesr to just sell and buy a ready made bike. I think I will make a new thread for some advice on a few different bikes

Top Bottom