giant defy stems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
if you have a giant defy and replaced the stem how much shorter did you go for and will 10 mm make a big differance .i find mine a little bit strected . will bike shops let you test them out

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
if you have a giant defy and replaced the stem how much shorter did you go for and will 10 mm make a big differance .i find mine a little bit strected . will bike shops let you test them out

A good bike shop will know how to measure your body so wont need to usually. Though ask them as you never know, they might have some cheap spares out back (to save the paint on a new one, LOL), or let you sit on another bike with similar spec.

I went 10mm shorter on my new one, down to 110mm. Seems fine to me, but take the toptube into account if switching bewteen bikes (my kinesis has a longer top tube than the jake so it balances out nicely)

Norm

...you never know, they might have some cheap spares out back (to save the paint on a new one, LOL)...
+1 to this. Ask in your local shop, surfdude. Someone else will have swapped their stems and they might have some knocking around out the back.

jackthelad

I have a giant defy 2 and found I was overstretched, and the seat uncomfortable I switch the 100mm stem for the 90mm and an increase of 12 degrees along with the avatar saddle and i can only say what a difference,would never have thought small changes would make so much difference,i was close to putting this bike on ebay as my lower back was sore but sorted now,and cant say how much I love this bike. I heard other people rating the giant defy 2 and when i was going thru the pain I used to wonder what these people were all about. I can only say it is a great bike and spend the extra to get it right for you and you will not look back.
jackthelad

banger

Veteran
I have a giant defy 2, also feel streached on it, first thing I did was turn the stem upside down, thats raised the bars a bit, but Im still a little streached, so like you thinking of a shorter stem , My current one is 120mm thinking of at least 100mm, and with an angle that will rise the bars at least as much as I achieved by reversing the original. Let us know what you end up doing...

OP
OP
surfdude

surfdude

Veteran
I have a giant defy 2, also feel streached on it, first thing I did was turn the stem upside down, thats raised the bars a bit, but Im still a little streached, so like you thinking of a shorter stem , My current one is 120mm thinking of at least 100mm, and with an angle that will rise the bars at least as much as I achieved by reversing the original. Let us know what you end up doing...

i think i will go down to 90mm as at the moment i ve got a 100mm stem on it . if you want my 100mm stem e.mail me and we can sort things out like post . i.ll will only want a £10 pounds for it .

Top Bottom