Giant fastroad sl 1

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Craig_61, 13 Sep 2019 at 16:05.

Tags:
  1. Craig_61

Craig_61 Regular

Hi, I have an unusual question and hope someone can help, I'm interested in the above bike but as I'm disabled (arm amputee) I have to fit a steering damper into the fork, to do this I have to be able to fit a 12mm socket through the BOTTOM of the steering tube, I know I can do this with a full aluminium fork but discovered its not possible on a full carbon fork as there's no access hole at bottom of a carbon steering tube. My question is, is it possible on the Giant fastroad composite fork, is there an access hole large enough for a 12mm socket. Thanks in advance

Craig

2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

I think the best idea is to email Giant. I doubt there is any hole in the carbon fork as there would be no reason for one.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2019 at 20:51
  3. OP
    OP
    Craig_61

Craig_61 Regular

Cheers, I've emailed Giant and a couple of shops that supply the bike and I'm waiting for a reply, my planet x carbon bladed forks have a hole although going buy pictures of the Giant forks it looks unlikely, I'm hoping someone who has the composite forks can verify.

Craig

4. Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk Über Member

I will check my fast road for you on Monday evening if that’s ok

5. OP
    OP
    Craig_61

Craig_61 Regular

That would be great, thank you very much.

Craig

6. OP
    OP
    Craig_61

Craig_61 Regular

Giant got back to me today, no hole:sad: ^_^

7. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Have you considered drilling a hole? I don't know if this is possible without affecting the integrity of the fork.

8. OP
    OP
    Craig_61

Craig_61 Regular

I've asked in various places but they don't advise it.

Craig

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice