Giant fastroad sl 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig_61

Regular
Hi, I have an unusual question and hope someone can help, I'm interested in the above bike but as I'm disabled (arm amputee) I have to fit a steering damper into the fork, to do this I have to be able to fit a 12mm socket through the BOTTOM of the steering tube, I know I can do this with a full aluminium fork but discovered its not possible on a full carbon fork as there's no access hole at bottom of a carbon steering tube. My question is, is it possible on the Giant fastroad composite fork, is there an access hole large enough for a 12mm socket. Thanks in advance

Craig

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think the best idea is to email Giant. I doubt there is any hole in the carbon fork as there would be no reason for one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Craig_61

Regular
I think the best idea is to email Giant. I doubt there is any hole in the carbon fork as there would be no reason for one.

Cheers, I've emailed Giant and a couple of shops that supply the bike and I'm waiting for a reply, my planet x carbon bladed forks have a hole although going buy pictures of the Giant forks it looks unlikely, I'm hoping someone who has the composite forks can verify.

Craig

D1D349D6-2484-4DD1-BC4C-58D3996AA2F0.jpeg
Sorry work got in the way will photo it now

Last edited:
Top Bottom