Giant Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Norm said:
I think that the race blades would fit, as they cable tie around your brakes. However, I couldn't get them to work with the 25mm tyres on my bike.

IIRC SKS Raceblades are not connected too, or do not contact the brakes, they're only attached to the fork at the front and the rear stays at the back.

Crud Road-racers are different and attache to the brake bridge.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Raceblades should definitely fit, as the separation between tyre and guard can be adjusted by moving the whole thing up the stay a bit.

If not, it looks like n+1 :smile:

Midnight

I managed to fit the Cruds to my Defy 4.

Tried with the 25mm tyres, got the rear one on but couldn't even get the front one under the brake, so I bought some 23mm Conti Gatorskins and now the Cruds fit.

The front guard was still very close and I had to remove the nose section, but was getting dirt sprayed all over the front brake. So re-fitted the nose section, applied gentle heat to the guard just in front of the brake, and bent the nose section up by about 3mm.

Now they fit as intended and I'm happy with their performance (and the Gatorskins too):biggrin:

andyh

Über Member
hi, i have the giant defy 3.5 and looking for some mudguards. (crud mk2)
i do have 23m tyres on it but looking at the reviews on wiggle even they seem to have there problems and be a very tight fit.

did any of you overcome this problem ??.

cheers andy

LobsterX

Had a set of Giant mudguards for my Defy. Also had a problem fitting them but easily overcome by making an additional hole in the rear guard under the variable slot. Unfortunately, the metal tang fixing the guard at the break assembly broke after under 300 miles of riding (good old Gloucestershire roads). Now back to the search for a suitable replacement. I'm chalking this up to experience - won't but them again for sure. Noisy anyway.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i had no problems fitting them to my defy 4, plenty of clearance and on 25mm tyres

I bouht some for my defy 1 for winter but have just bought a T5 from Decathlon as i've started comuting so i fitted it to that instead. The only problem fitting it was that there is no hole in the downtube for the little bolt but two cable ties sorted that out. Similar clearance on both bikes and i haven't tried fitting them to the defy and i realise with mudguards a small difference can mean a lot. Agree with the noisy but but i think it can be sorted out with careful tightening. Did anyone need to shorten the little metal rods that hold the mudguards away from the tyre, i was thinking a hacksaw would do the job.

Top Bottom