Giant NRS Seatpost Size ~ Dropper Post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hello all,
On the trails I always find myself lowering and raising my seatpost height for climbing and descending.
I do have a quick release seatclamp but it's simply a hinderance.
I am thinking about getting a dropper seatpost however I do not know what size the seatpost is ?
I can measure it tomorrow but would rather anyone who did know to let me know ?
Also does anyone think getting a dropper post is a bit much or will it enhance my experience immensely ?

Thanks.

Drago

Legendary Member
Giants are usually 30.9. Whip the old post out and it should be stamped near the bottom.

Dropper posts do zero for me except add unnecessary weight, but I've got long legs and baboon arms so have never had trouble hanging off the back with the seat in situ. A person of more average dimensions might find benefit where I did not.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Giants are usually 30.9. Whip the old post out and it should be stamped near the bottom.

Dropper posts do zero for me except add unnecessary weight, but I've got long legs and baboon arms so have never had trouble hanging off the back with the seat in situ. A person of more average dimensions might find benefit where I did not.
I honestly don't notice weight too much !
I think for me and how often I find myself adjusting the saddle height it'll be a good investment !
Thanks for the advice

Top Bottom