Giant Road E+ 1

Discussion in 'Electric Bikes' started by Foghat, 17 Mar 2017.

Tags:
  1. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

To be honest i had fears that my heel may get caught on the stand as it does stick out a bit but had no problems on a short 4 mile ride the other day so phew!
    It does seem sturdy yes but as yet, not tested it on any slopes.
    I preferred this one from the Ursus Wave that Giant suggested. ( http://jumpsport.sk/produkt/106922/stojanek-kickstand-ursus-wave-r81-blk-rear-mount-2-bolts) as it doesn't seem so strong. The one i have came from 'Wildoo' http://www.wildoo.co.uk/shop/pletscher-comp18-flex-rear-kickstand/
    I think it's a bit cheaper after you send it to basket £18 IIRC But this on is listed as supporting upto 50 KG.

Edit: If you go for the Pletscher from Wildoo send him a quick email requesting M6 x 20 screws as mine came with M5 screws. I sent him an email about this as in the add it's saying comes with M6 screws. He did want to send me a couple of screws but i just popped down to Toolstation near me and bought 50 A2 stainless for about £3.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2018
  2. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

You can see the Giant kickstand in this video at 5:45 https://electricbikereview.com/giant/quick-e-plus/

3. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

4. Giantbadge

Giantbadge Well-Known Member

Yes i had new display fitted last week.
    See how long this one last.

sight-pin likes this.
  5. Giantbadge

Sight pin do you get to leave your bike inside your house?^_^

sight-pin likes this.
  6. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

:okay: Yeah. It's in an understairs cupboard in the kitchen ^_^

7. Giantbadge

I wanted to bring in my motorbike & push bikes, but she is having none of it^_^^_^:sad:

sight-pin likes this.
  8. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

^_^. Try soft soap & a bunch of flowers.... Probably get you nowhere though :biggrin:

Giantbadge likes this.
  9. Country Bumpkin

Country Bumpkin Regular

I had to replace my screen for a new one (the replacement loom comes with the red connector) after I had water ingress and the display just wouldn't switch on.
    Giant were very good about it, no hassle. one call to the dealer explaining the problem and two days later I had a brand new MKII display.

Thanks for the links "site pin" I'll take a look at those later.

sight-pin and Giantbadge like this.
  10. Fratercula

Fratercula New Member

Picked up a 2018 UK model on Monday. It is one of a batch shipped in early January.

The frame has changed. Bottle bosses are missing, Rear stay redesigned so no bosses for a rack.

Very disappointed

11. sight-pin

sight-pin Über Member

Hi & welcome to the forum.
    I didn't notice the "bosses" absence in the add pics. How does it ride?

12. Giantbadge

Welcome Fratercula,sorry to hear your missing a few bosses.
    You could always swap with my 2017 bike^_^, it will be nice to hear your thoughts on the latest model.
    Enjoy.....

sight-pin likes this.
  13. Giantbadge

Your right no bosses

14. sheltiedoulos

sheltiedoulos Regular

Now, I am debating getting this bike or the Trek crossrip +.
    IMHO, Trek rode slightly better. Do you guys have experience with that bike (not sure it is available in Europe)?
    I have also tried Giant Quick E+ - it is nice but a bit too bulky (you can really feel the extra 5 pounds on that bike).
    BTW, they have a new Road E+ (at least in the US) with an upgraded computer. It adds two extra level of assist (eco+ and normal+).
    I test rode it but I am not sure whether this is worth the extra $200 they are asking.

sight-pin and Giantbadge like this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Bloody hell. Giant must have handed over design matters to the resident moron.

Gordon Bennett.

Yet another case of an organisation bolloxing up its own designs.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2018
    sight-pin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice