Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sight-pin

Veteran
Finally a question for site-pin, how is your kick stand and is it stable on a slightly sloping surface?
The reason I ask is that I’m concerned about damaging my bike every time I stop for the call of nature and have to lie my bike down on the road side. Was it expensive and where did you get it?

To be honest i had fears that my heel may get caught on the stand as it does stick out a bit but had no problems on a short 4 mile ride the other day so phew!
It does seem sturdy yes but as yet, not tested it on any slopes.
I preferred this one from the Ursus Wave that Giant suggested. ( http://jumpsport.sk/produkt/106922/stojanek-kickstand-ursus-wave-r81-blk-rear-mount-2-bolts) as it doesn't seem so strong. The one i have came from 'Wildoo' http://www.wildoo.co.uk/shop/pletscher-comp18-flex-rear-kickstand/
I think it's a bit cheaper after you send it to basket £18 IIRC But this on is listed as supporting upto 50 KG.

Edit: If you go for the Pletscher from Wildoo send him a quick email requesting M6 x 20 screws as mine came with M5 screws. I sent him an email about this as in the add it's saying comes with M6 screws. He did want to send me a couple of screws but i just popped down to Toolstation near me and bought 50 A2 stainless for about £3.

Last edited:

sight-pin

Veteran
You can see the Giant kickstand in this video at 5:45 https://electricbikereview.com/giant/quick-e-plus/

I had to replace my screen for a new one (the replacement loom comes with the red connector) after I had water ingress and the display just wouldn't switch on.
Giant were very good about it, no hassle. one call to the dealer explaining the problem and two days later I had a brand new MKII display.

Thanks for the links "site pin" I'll take a look at those later.

Fratercula

Picked up a 2018 UK model on Monday. It is one of a batch shipped in early January.

The frame has changed. Bottle bosses are missing, Rear stay redesigned so no bosses for a rack.

Very disappointed

sight-pin

Veteran
Picked up a 2018 UK model on Monday. It is one of a batch shipped in early January.

The frame has changed. Bottle bosses are missing, Rear stay redesigned so no bosses for a rack.

Very disappointed

Hi & welcome to the forum.
I didn't notice the "bosses" absence in the add pics. How does it ride?

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge

Very disappointed
Welcome Fratercula,sorry to hear your missing a few bosses.
You could always swap with my 2017 bike^_^, it will be nice to hear your thoughts on the latest model.
Enjoy.....

Now, I am debating getting this bike or the Trek crossrip +.
IMHO, Trek rode slightly better. Do you guys have experience with that bike (not sure it is available in Europe)?
I have also tried Giant Quick E+ - it is nice but a bit too bulky (you can really feel the extra 5 pounds on that bike).
BTW, they have a new Road E+ (at least in the US) with an upgraded computer. It adds two extra level of assist (eco+ and normal+).
I test rode it but I am not sure whether this is worth the extra $200 they are asking.

Top Bottom