Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Took my bike in for what I thought was a dry squeaking noise from the pedal crank when going up steep hills,
The shop have sorted this out but while test riding my bike they are very concerned that my forks are broke again??.
Surely after they redesigned this fork for me supposedly :angry::angry:.
They are speaking to giant & will find out more next week...

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Looks like Giant has reverted from its no-bottle-cage-bosses foolishness for the 2019 model:

Giant Road E+1 Pro 2019

Giant Road E+1 Pro 2019.jpg

proton666

Took my bike in for what I thought was a dry squeaking noise from the pedal crank when going up steep hills,
The shop have sorted this out but while test riding my bike they are very concerned that my forks are broke again??.
Surely after they redesigned this fork for me supposedly :angry::angry:.
They are speaking to giant & will find out more next week...

Well hell. The good news is that you will be able to give us a review of the 2019 model ;). How many miles has it been since the last fork fiasco?

Last edited:

TyrannosaurusTreks

Well I managed about 370 miles:blush:, so the fork has definitely broke & giant won’t offer me an exchange bike only a refund.
Anyway there are no 2018 bikes in a large size available & there is a 6-7 week wait for the 2019 model which comes in an XL so right size for me?..
It’s only the L size frame there having the problem with which the shop think is because the fork being longer than the s & m causing extra stress plus being a heavy bike.
Giant want the bike taken back to the factory so I’m left with F- ck all again:sad:, have been really enjoying it lately as well.
My shop are looking at the best thing they can do for me so it doesn’t cost me anymore money but don’t have any e road bikes in there range anymore, but I do like the look of this https://road.cc/content/news/237301-first-look-bianchi-impulso-e-road.
I have thought maybe getting a decent road bike something like a defy advanced pro but I would miss an e-bike for my hill climbs,the shop said I could have a nice carbon bike while I’m waiting.

proton666

Yeah the Bianchi is on top of my short list for a Giant replacement (eventually). Just has better proportions.

Sounds like your shop has got your back where as Giant... well, not so much. But you got a good summer out of it anyway. Keep us posted.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Looking around at other bikes there isn’t anything that can match the giant pro 2019 battery range & for the price.
It also comes in a Xl frame & tubeless tyres .
Any advice would be welcome or any new road ebike I might of missed^_^..

Noticed the comments on suitable battery chargers - I think the polarity of the 3 pins on the giant plug is different to any generic chargers. I tried unsuccessfully to change the wiring on another charger but I'm sure it could be done

sight-pin

Veteran
2019 model ordered^_^

Nice one. Don't forget the reports and pics:okay:

TyrannosaurusTreks

Who know’s, but for the searching I did on the Orbea & Bianchi I was suprised how little the 2 nearest Dealers knew about the bikes.
So hence why I’ve stuck with my shop & gone for the Giant..

zoom2zoom

Here is my commuter- 34miles round trip and the battery can last me 170 miles on a single charge, i only use Eco mode

I replaced stock wheels to carbon wheelset and save me 1.5 lbs and rolls much faster

Attachments

• 94F37478-A0E3-44D4-AD4A-DBFD9B314068.jpeg
    94F37478-A0E3-44D4-AD4A-DBFD9B314068.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 74

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Here is my commuter- 34miles round trip and the battery can last me 170 miles on a single charge, i only use Eco mode

I replaced stock wheels to carbon wheelset and save me 1.5 lbs and rolls much faster
What tyres and size are those???

TyrannosaurusTreks

The 2019 bike in in the shops but I’ve got to wait another 3-4 weeks for the XL frame to come in:angry:.
I was reading this from the tredz website on the evo screen information?.
Ridecontrol Evo

For 2019, the RideControl EVO is updated with new and exciting functionalities to enhance the E-bike riding experience. It now has navigation features, so you can ride wherever you want, including new routes, without getting lost. It also offers new heartrate functionality, so you can get immediate feedback while working out.

All Giant E-bikes in 2019 can be set to automatically adjust the pedal support to reach/keep your desired heartrate. The RideControl EVO allows you to monitor this precisely. The RideControl EVO is connected and lets you upgrade through a wireless connection. Also, incoming messages, phone calls and emails can be seen through a notification on the RideControl EVO while riding. The clock makes sure you’ll always arrive on time on your destination.

NAVIGATION: The RideControl EVO stands for exploration and riding further then you ever have before with new navigation possibilities.

FITNESS POSSIBILITIES: Get direct feedback to help you target your fitness goals and conditioning, reaching precise levels of effort

UPDATEABLE: Can be updated wirelessly so you are always up to date with the latest software.

Last edited:
Top Bottom