Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Getting back to wet weather. I was going to do a group ride and was in some very heavy rain while the bike was on the back of my car. I opted out of the ride when lightning started striking, but to and from the event, it was raining hard. Now my control panel is on and won't shut off. I tried holding the power button - it turns off, but then turns right back on. I pulled the battery and towel dried everything but as soon as I connect, the control panel comes back on. I currently have the battery off and used a blow dryer around the unit. I plan on leaving it off a couple of hours to see if that works. Has anybody else had this happen?

If you look on my earlier post I had the same problem 2017 model?.
Giant have tested the panel & found where cables enter the unit water is getting in,so mine was replaced under warranty 2 day turnaround

If you look on my earlier post I had the same problem 2017 model?.
Giant have tested the panel & found where cables enter the unit water is getting in,so mine was replaced under warranty 2 day turnaround
Thanks....Looks like I'll be taking it to the LBS...it's not quite a year old, so I should be under warranty. It was working fine, but now it won't turn off, nor will it change modes.

Last edited:
My dealer said that all the ones giant uk tested failed, so should ok.
I searching on the internet, I was able to find the reason it doesn't switch - it has to do with the "walk assist" It was preventing modes from changing. So I was able to fix that, but it still powers itself back on immediately after it's turned off. Again - the culprit there was water.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I cannot comment too much but I have a GTech bike which has a quoted range of 40 miles but IME this seem about 20 miles for my use. I do not commute but it seems to me this is a good commuting bike for shortish distances with belt drive single speed. It gives a good boost into headwinds or uphill at reasonable speeds. At less than 7 mph or thereabouts there seems to be no assist but if you can keep the speed up it is ok. Hill starts seem a problem but I am still working on this to see if I can get a workaround.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
941AF0F2-F637-434B-A825-AFE977215A83.jpeg
04322660-B779-42DF-AE99-6872B0983811.jpeg
C31A0E3E-95E3-49F0-90ED-C41EBF22533F.jpeg
22E1224A-2DCF-45F4-AC46-83FF491EACCC.jpeg
How'd it go?
Well it rained virtually the whole way, found the gorge a breeze really even though there was 2ft wide channel of water running down at me^_^.
Really enjoyed it though, 31 miles it’s about a 1300ft climb & decent but only got through 20% battery.

sight-pin

Veteran
:okay: Nice one. I thought it may be a bit wet judging by the the weather reports.

proton666

Hate things like this. Not sure if their fishing for clicks to pass on or they think they are doing some kind of PSA (Public Service Announcement here in the US). Either way this kind of "Uh-Oh" tactic is something I would more expect to see on this side of the Atlantic (but here you would expect to see the word e-bike replaced with the word gun...).

Last edited:
Top Bottom