Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
On my 17 model there is a sticker at the top of frame other side of battery where forks enter frame.^_^another one is on motor as you say.
I don’t have a stamp on rear axle

OldRoadie

Regular
I got the serial number from my dealer who had a record from Giant. Funny though, that number doesn't match any of the stickers I can fully see. I see one on the bottom bracket but not the entire number without taking off the shroud. I got registered anyway along with the key number, just in case I lose both!

sight-pin

Veteran
I took a few mobile images of all the stickers i could find including the number stamped on the back of the frame which is also the number they used for the sales receipt. I'm wondering if these different paper printed stickers are for the individual parts or something?

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
For daily commuting in rain-and-mud-infested Britain? No chance!!

For weekend and other non-commuting riding, I have a range of wet-weather bikes with mudguards and dry-weather bikes without mudguards. These aren't summer/winter-specific but get used according to conditions regardless of the time of year.

Much prefer riding without mudguards, but then again I detest the relentless need for extensive bike-cleaning due to repeatedly spraying wet mud all over everything, so in Britain of course the mudguard bikes get the most use.

Last edited:

proton666

Asking the wrong guy. It NEVER rains in California... lol. But I got so use to mud going everywhere back when I was riding competitive cyclocross that I hardly notice now. In fact, there is a kind of comfort in it (memories of my misspent youth). But, as this bike kinda zooms I have found I get a lot wetter, a lot faster on an ebike. If I were using this as a commuter I would never remove the guards because even a small pool of standing water from a sprinkler is enough to stripe the wardrobe.

Last edited:

sh4rkc

Hello!

Im interesting in buying Giant road-e+ 1 pro. Im wondering now how much boost i would get if the settings are set to eco mode. I average on flat around 18 mile's how much boost would i get? Or if i push around 200 watts for entire course how much extra wattage would the e-bike give it. I would unrestrict the bike soo it would be unlocked. And for how many miles or kilometers would battery last in eco mode at that wattage?

Thank you

Jure

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Hello!

Im interesting in buying Giant road-e+ 1 pro. Im wondering now how much boost i would get if the settings are set to eco mode. I average on flat around 18 mile's how much boost would i get? Or if i push around 200 watts for entire course how much extra wattage would the e-bike give it. I would unrestrict the bike soo it would be unlocked. And for how many miles or kilometers would battery last in eco mode at that wattage?

Thank you

Jure

Impossible question to answer given there are so many variables.

The 'resistance cubed' equation means a few extra mph uses disproportionately more power.

Terrain plays a big part, lots of climbing will sap your battery whatever speed you are doing.

Don't expect too much from a de-restricted crank drive bike, the motors are designed for torque, not speed, although doing, say, 20mph, will be easier than if the motor had cut out.

Testing a bike would be instructive, but you are unlikely to find one de-restricted.

You won't fully know if the bike will do what you want it to unless you buy one and use it for a few weeks.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
As pale rider says, impossible to calculate really. There are so many factors, like your weight. How much extra weight you will carry IE bags, rucksacks etc and how fit or unfit you are.

It is very much like asking how long is a piece of string, and as Pale Rider says, the only sure way to find out will be to buy one and find out by riding it.

proton666

Yeah. Agree with all of this. I found the biggest gains, or losses, come from how you ride an ebike. Took me about a month or two to figure out the best way to ride to achieve my desired range to permanence ratios. Can't do much about my weight. Can't significantly change what the bike weighs either. Wind and hills just happen. But I could change my riding style. So in the end it's the zen thing again.

Last edited:

sh4rkc

Thank you for your answers :smile:. I dont know if i would buy it. Im not weak rider, when im fit i have 66 kg and 320 of ftp ( 4.8 w/kg ). I just want to go even faster :smile:. But im worried that battery wont last long. Only for 50km or less in eco mode, if i unrestrict the bike and thats is not enough for me.

Getting back to wet weather. I was going to do a group ride and was in some very heavy rain while the bike was on the back of my car. I opted out of the ride when lightning started striking, but to and from the event, it was raining hard. Now my control panel is on and won't shut off. I tried holding the power button - it turns off, but then turns right back on. I pulled the battery and towel dried everything but as soon as I connect, the control panel comes back on. I currently have the battery off and used a blow dryer around the unit. I plan on leaving it off a couple of hours to see if that works. Has anybody else had this happen?

Top Bottom