Giant Road E+ 1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
Only had mine delivered today, (2016 version) took it out the front for a quick check.......What a buzz, weird feeling.,
Still have the clear handlebar protector on ATM.
Wait for your first steep hill

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Some Bosch crank drive bikes turn themselves on if pushed backwards for a few wheel revolutions.

By 'turning themselves on', I mean the display illuminates - the motor doesn't switch on.

There's mention of it in the handbook, so it's a design quirk rather than a fault.

sight-pin

Veteran
Anyone fitted a kickstand yet, can't seem to locate one on the Giant site: I think it's 17 mm bolt holes in the chainstay?
Also i'm now looking for insurance recommendation as my home policy doesn't cover E bikes it seems,
Velosure seems the cheapest coming up at £164 including personal accident etc.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Anyone fitted a kickstand yet, can't seem to locate one on the Giant site: I think it's 17 mm bolt holes in the chainstay?
Also i'm now looking for insurance recommendation as my home policy doesn't cover E bikes it seems,
Velosure seems the cheapest coming up at £164 including personal accident etc.

I'd be surprised if there's kick stand mounts on the chainstay, given it's a road frame.

You may be stuck with a universal kickstand.

It will do the job, but won't look quite as neat.

An ebike is heavy, so a stand that's sturdy and can be braced against the seatstay is what's required.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/hebie-side-stand-672-26-28-black-27579/wg_id-53

sight-pin

Veteran
I'd be surprised if there's kick stand mounts on the chainstay, given it's a road frame.

You may be stuck with a universal kickstand.

It will do the job, but won't look quite as neat.

An ebike is heavy, so a stand that's sturdy and can be braced against the seatstay is what's required.

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/hebie-side-stand-672-26-28-black-27579/wg_id-53

Yeah i see what your saying, probably look a bit naff on a road bike anyway.
Although the Giant Quick E+ has one fitted on the two bolt mounting, It's exactly the same frame but just configured as a Hybrid version
https://electricbikereview.com/giant/quick-e-plus/

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yeah i see what your saying, probably look a bit naff on a road bike anyway.
Although the Giant Quick E+ has one fitted on the two bolt mounting, It's exactly the same frame but just configured as a Hybrid version
https://electricbikereview.com/giant/quick-e-plus/

I see it's also got those combined mudguards and pannier racks.

In the absence of anything about a kickstand for your bike on the Giant website you could try a Giant Store if there's one nearby.

They might be able to shed a bit more light on it, or may have a hybrid for you to look at.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Over the weekend my bike while riding up to 25kph is making a ratchet type noise from the crank.
When i get past 25 it stops?
Took it to my dealer and there going to test it then speak to Giant.
Not heard the noise before.?

sight-pin

Veteran
I see it's also got those combined mudguards and pannier racks.

In the absence of anything about a kickstand for your bike on the Giant website you could try a Giant Store if there's one nearby.

They might be able to shed a bit more light on it, or may have a hybrid for you to look at.

Good idea.
Looks like my nearest Giant is Chelmsford, according to the above link, the stand is called a " Ursus Adjustable Length Kickstand"
I'll give them a call see what they say tomorrow.

sight-pin

Veteran
Over the weekend my bike while riding up to 25kph is making a ratchet type noise from the crank.
When i get past 25 it stops?
Took it to my dealer and there going to test it then speak to Giant.
Not heard the noise before.?

Hope you get it sorted.
On the 50 cog about mid range my chain is rubbing the front derailleur, makes a horrible sound, no problem when on the 34, but then noticed i can't select 28 and 32 gears at all, I'll stick it on the stand and check the adjustments: If not I'll give the shop a call, trouble is i bought from a shop up country so meh!
Also had to adjust my front brake caliper as that was rubbing.

TyrannosaurusTreks

Yes I had a few problems selecting gears at the start.
It's a pity they don't spend a few minutes setting the bike up right before you get it .
I suppose that's customer service now a days

Last edited:

TyrannosaurusTreks

Had a call back from dealer today about the Rachet noise I was getting.
They have found the chain rings are worped & while testing they found the headstock was making a cranking noise, so the tried the forks in another bike & it still did it.
They called giant U.K. & they found it odd but are replacing all parts under warranty but for the forks i have to wait around 5 weeks.
I said to them that's the best part of the summer gone, they should give me a new bike.
He said they would but there is none in the country.
Should I be looking for compensation?.

Top Bottom