Giant SCR 2.0 purchased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Just bought an SCR 2.0 on eBay. Seems a decent bike for the £157 I paid, I'm collecting on Saturday :okay:

2018-09-06_20h53_07.jpg

It's also coming with lights, pump and mudguards which may well come in useful but probably not on this one as it is lined up for turbo trainer duties :okay: I've been scouring the selling sites for a while now looking for something cheap, reliable and relatively modern with similar geometry to my other bikes and this seems to fit the bill perfectly ^_^

Its also coming with the SPD-SL pedals so I may look for some cheap shoes to try them out and see how much they differ from my usual SPD's :smile: I might need to change that saddle though :ohmy::laugh:

Is there anything else I should consider for a turbo only bike? Has anyone got any experience of these SCR 2.0's? Thanks in advance :smile:

tom73

Guru
Well done nice looking bike. I never have any luck with bike’s on eBay. Not stopping me trying though ;)

mustang1

Guru
Very nice, great price
+1

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Picked it up today, it's in pretty good condition amd the seller was like a really nice chap, had a good chat :okay: I suspect the rims are nearly shot and the tires are perished but neither of those points will matter once its on the turbo as I'll be putting a turbo specific tire on and will never use the brakes :laugh: I will probably try and find a super-cheap shorter stem and some bar tape then cut the steerer down so the controls are in the right place and fresh. Not sure about the saddle yet, it seemed relatively comfortable in a quick spin around the block but there may be a charge spoon on order in the near future :laugh: It's got Look Keo classic pedals on it, no idea what they are like but I might investigate getting some cheap shoes and cleats to find out. Or I might take them off and put SPD's on so I can use my existing shoes :laugh: The running gear all looks spot on and it's obviously been well maintained. I havent checked for chain wear yet but there are no obvious signs of trouble ahead...

I'll likely strip it down and check it over more thoroughly when time allows but I'm busy until next weekend now so it'll have to wait :laugh: Pretty pleased with my purchase :okay:

20180908_181926.jpg
20180908_182045.jpg
20180908_182346.jpg
20180908_182411.jpg
20180908_182447.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
That is the same as my winter hack bike, apart from the size, it has ally frame and carbon forks, rides brilliantly. Great bike and has been trouble free for years.

nickAKA

Über Member
The keo pedals are fine, I bought those exact ones SH off ebay for the wife's turbo bike. Get some lifeline keo compatible cleats from wiggle and you'll be grand..

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've got a shorter stem, a tacx trainer tire and some PD-A520 pedals on the way for it along with some new bar tape and a charge spoon saddle. All bargains - the pedals worked out cheaper than new cleats and shoes for the Keo's :laugh:

If anyone fancies the Look pedals or Spiderman saddle make me an offer :okay::laugh:

Top Bottom