Giant SCR 2.0 purchased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I received some more bits for the Giant in the post today :smile: Bottom bracket, bars and 3 wheels. No rim tape yet so i couldnt fit the tires but one of the rears now has its cassette and i managed to get the bb, bars, chainset and pedals fitted :okay:

20180918_164159.jpg
20180918_161931.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
The post fairies visited again while I was at work today. This time they brought me some rim tape, gear hangers, bar tape and a saddle - How exciting! This meant I could mount the tires and fit the wheels so it's mobile again and easier to store :laugh: Just waiting for my eBay bargain 105 shifters and mechs to arrive now :smile: Starting to take shape :okay:

20180919_200548.jpg

20180919_200605.jpg

20180919_204006.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
105 shifters arrived today so I fitted them and set up the brakes this evening. In the past I've done cantilevers, V-brakes, hydraulic rim brakes and both hydraulic and mechanical discs but never road style calipers - first time for everything :laugh: Once done I wrapped the bars, just the front and rear mech's missing now and it'll be ready to roll :okay: I decided to pop it on the turbo too to check I hadn't overlooked anything but it looks good :becool:

20180920_202641.jpg

105 shifters arrived today so I fitted them and set up the brakes this evening. In the past I've done cantilevers, V-brakes, hydraulic rim brakes and both hydraulic and mechanical discs but never road style calipers - first time for everything :laugh: Once done I wrapped the bars, just the front and rear mech's missing now and it'll be ready to roll :okay: I decided to pop it on the turbo too to check I hadn't overlooked anything but it looks good :becool:

View attachment 430878
The chain looks slack.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
My mechs still hadn't arrived when I got in this afternoon so did some digging. EBay seller stated they were posted last Friday so they should have been here by now. I popped to the royal mail delivery centre on the off chance and they were there waiting for me - they had been on the shelf since Monday. Which is pretty irritating when you consider I picked up 3 parcels from there on Tuesday :laugh:

Oh well, all together and working now :okay: Just need this wound to heal so I can give it a whirl and see what it's like :becool: It all seems to work very nicely on the stand which is a good sign :laugh:
20180921_163511.jpg

20180921_163448.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Sorry, it went in to another thread in the virtual training section :laugh: The long and the short of it is the bikes good, my leg has healed and I fitted a projector for Zwifting in the garage :okay:

20180922_175103.jpg
20180929_114157.jpg
20180929_130915.jpg

I've done an FTP test and 3 training sessions on it so far :becool:

Top Bottom