Gillette/gilet/gilet frame make

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If there's a prize for long running threads this could win it. Four years and counting.

Garycollier

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331481031882?_mwBanner=1

This is/was down as a Jim Collier frame, but given mottram are from the Midlands how likely is it to be a Collier frame?

Gillottfan

Regular
@Garycollier not sure of the family connection but a friend of mine is Peter Gillott and he has a Gillott bike. Coincidentally he lands back in the UK today after riding 7500km across America at the age of 70 and worth a read of his journal https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1M2&doc_id=17196&v=lC
I built a Gillott for a Peter Gillott a few years ago. I've just emailed him to see if he is one and the same. He's not related but I would appreciate it if anybody here knows any members of the Gillott family. Or relatives of Harry Carrington who had far more to do with the frame building than Arthur Gillott ever did.

Gillottfan

Regular
m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331481031882?_mwBanner=1

This is/was down as a Jim Collier frame, but given mottram are from the Midlands how likely is it to be a Collier frame?
I only know of Jim working at Witcombs Gary. As we saw from that video. Oh and Don Louis and Hobbs pre war. But who knows?

Top Bottom