Gino's Italian Escape ...L'Eroica bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Yes gino's not bad -he plays up the italianess a bit but not overly so..unlike francesco di da whatever who should be thrown in a bucket of something terrible. Rarely seen a guy so in love with himself.
Gino's recipes have the real merit of being quite simple and not over complicated or poncey. I know one italian who is a fan and i've been fed a few of his creations. It may have been false modesty but i also remember him saying that he didn't wear speedos as he didn't think he had the body for them. Having spent a bit of time on italian beaches, can't help but pray that a fair few wannabee seriously ageing italian guys had taken this advice as they imagine nubile young women sneaking glances at them.

Will try to check out the clip/prog.
I do wonder if he even speaks with an Italian accent when he's off camera lol

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I do wonder if he even speaks with an Italian accent when he's off camera lol
Mrs N is a fan, to the extent she went to some food show/exhibition recently, the major draw of which was Gino.

She and her mates bagged front row seats for his cooking display. He is no fool and knows exactly his market. The cooking is incidental, he is extremely rude and suggestive and the ladies of a certain age love it.

He does keep up the accent the whole way through so if he's actually from Sheffield (as suggested on Celebrity Juice) then he keeps it going very well

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He does keep up the accent the whole way through so if he's actually from Sheffield (as suggested on Celebrity Juice) then he keeps it going very well
I think if he'd been in Yorkshire much, even his Italian accent in English would be different. Two of the greatest fusion accents that I have ever heard have been Yorkshire Italian and Norfolk Chinese.

Top Bottom