Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Race feels really nicely poised. Carapaz, the best climber of the favourites, needs more time because Roglic will get time back on the TT. He has to attack again and Roglic will have to respond. Landa can follow and go for stages. The loser feels like Nibali who doesn't seem to be able to outclimb Roglic and can't out-TT him either.

Loads of good stages to come so I'll probably be completely wrong
Well Carapaz lost 45secs in the first TT and two minutes in the 2nd. If he maintains the form of the 2nd, he needs at least a minute but preferably nearer 1.5 minutes

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Tomorrow's stage is more of a punchy affair - I'm going for a Yates win - he normally goes well on this sort of terrain. :okay:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nibali hasn't got it in him to win this.
A rather pathetic showboat attack 25m from the top of the last climb and a sprint to get 4 seconds on the line.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
A rather pathetic showboat attack 25m from the top of the last climb and a sprint to get 4 seconds on the line.
If we're going breakaway then...Mcarthy or safer De gendt.
Another love fest with Nibali and Roglic holding hands to the finish.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon that he thought he could get a big enough gap to drop them on the descent but it seems that they could descend as well as him, so that plan didn't amount to much!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If we're going breakaway then...Mcarthy or safer De gendt.
Another love fest with Nibali and Roglic holding hands to the finish.
Let's hope for De Gendt as he's in my team.
Today's prediction is the break will take it. A few half hearted attacks on the final climb by the GC group. Landa and Carrapaz a bit knackered so can't escape. Roglic is fine on these shorter climbs and Nibali can't get rid of him. Yates to pinch an inconsequential 20 seconds at the end

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I reckon that he thought he could get a big enough gap to drop them on the descent but it seems that they could descend as well as him, so that plan didn't amount to much!
He probably didn't know Roglic used to be a downhill skier.

Mike_P

Guru
Wish Eurosport would understand the meaning of the word "highlights"; just put the Giro on live and seen Demare win a yet another sprint but the chance of any sprints featured in highlight package is virtually none existent.

Top Bottom