Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Thanks. Wow 300 quid a pop

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Interesting. By the same token I presume I'm slightly more efficient in big/big gear combinations than small/small. Keep it in the big ring and smash it!

Anyway, today...what does the CC massive think? Normally a sprint stage but different dynamics at play. Groupama FDJ will be happy to see the break take it and I think Bora are the only other team left with a real sprinter. So they would have to pull all day to bring the inevitable break back. Can they do it? It would be a great break to get into so I'm expecting every man and his dog to be trying

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Interesting. By the same token I presume I'm slightly more efficient in big/big gear combinations than small/small. Keep it in the big ring and smash it!

Anyway, today...what does the CC massive think? Normally a sprint stage but different dynamics at play. Groupama FDJ will be happy to see the break take it and I think Bora are the only other team left with a real sprinter. So they would have to pull all day to bring the inevitable break back. Can they do it? It would be a great break to get into so I'm expecting every man and his dog to be trying
The last rest day for GC

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought I had detected that on my less-than-perfectly maintained bike. It was pretty subtle but it did feel easier in the big ring combination.

Chain efficiency is very noticeable on my singlespeed bike when it has a new chain. Before the chain 'stretches', the chain tensioner barely touches the chain, and the chainline is perfect. It wasn't a placebo effect - 'think about it, then feel it', more like 'feel it, then think about it'!

Anyway, back to the Giro... I am enjoying it but somehow haven't felt engrossed in it this year. Probably because of the slow, fairly boring start?

It would be nice if Yates could manage a stage win but his form doesn't seem to be there.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If it's a breakaway then fdj and bora will want it closed down for their two sprinters.
Could be a fast day with efforts to get clear. I suspect there's enough teams with semi sprinters for it to be a bunch finish

rich p

ridiculous old lush
On reflection and watching the start, it's in FDJ's interest (and Demare's) to let the break go and not have a sprint.
I think it will still be a boonch sprint though

Is anyone tempted to go to Tel Aviv on holiday? Always sunny.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Is anyone tempted to go to Tel Aviv on holiday? Always sunny.
No but I can almost recite that mattress advert word for not quite word! Me me me me!

4minutes gap, 33km to go. Peloton now doing 3kph faster than Denz, Cima and Maestri. Not quite enough yet to close it in time. Which will give up first?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
No but I can almost recite that mattress advert word for not quite word! Me me me me!

4minutes gap, 33km to go. Peloton now doing 3kph faster than Denz, Cima and Maestri. Not quite enough yet to close it in time. Which will give up first?

26km, 3min 13 sec the advantage. I think they will pull it back but I'm not sure they've quite made the right calculation

Top Bottom