Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
@Crackle what's happened to Yates this Giro ? Unless he's planning to come into form now a la Froome....he doesn't seem to have found his form at all ?

@Crackle what's happened to Yates this Giro ? Unless he's planning to come into form now a la Froome....he doesn't seem to have found his form at all ?
I don't know. There's some speculation they got the training wrong in the build up which is why his form has dropped mid-race but naturally, they're being a bit coy about it. I suppose they were trying to avoid his big loss of form at the back end of last years race, so come in slightly undercooked and race into form, a la Froome last year.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
But we know we'd all really like Landa to go for it ! I've not really got into the Giro so to speak this year.It seems it's been over before it began.Probally just me as work has only let me catch up with highlights at night.I should have gone as planned !
To cheer myself up booked flights last night to go to the Tour of Lombardy at the end of the year.My favourite race to go to.Food and wine with a glimpse of cyclists.Even Mrs Adam will suffer bikes for Lake Como.

What an excellent idea - where-abouts do you stay ?

well it filled 10 mins of studio time

highlight of the stage was having my question read in the studio, I really feel there is something missing this year , I don't know what it is but it just doesn't feel the same as usual to me, it feels empty somehow , i cant put my finger on it , maybe its me...….

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
highlight of the stage was having my question read in the studio, I really feel there is something missing this year , I don't know what it is but it just doesn't feel the same as usual to me, it feels empty somehow , i cant put my finger on it , maybe its me...….
It's you....what was your question ?

It's not you. It's been an unexciting race this year. I think the parcours isn't great, it's missing a few sparky riders, lost a few potential contenders and a few others off form. What we needed was Landa to completely disobey team orders.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I miss Froome xx Seriously it's been pretty tame.Good for stage winners who don't usually get the chance I suppose.But the first week was boring,then there's not been much to shout about.

Top Bottom