Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadrash

cycle chatterer
not just me then , my question was to wiggins, smithy and blythe, if they could each invite another pundit into the studio for a day, who would it be and why, conversation soon drifted to other things , as it often does.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
not just me then , my question was to wiggins, smithy and blythe, if they could each invite another pundit into the studio for a day, who would it be and why, conversation soon drifted to other things , as it often does.
I thought it would be "fecking hell Brad you've put on a bit of timber !"

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So what's gonna happen tomorrow? Landa has, I think, the ability to gain enough time on Roglic to mean he can get a podium. But to do so Carapaz will have to be able to go with him. It'll be interesting if Landa can go, Carapaz can't and Landa may have to babysit and give up his podium chances.

Much as I'd love Nibs to get time on Carapaz (not lease for my Velogames team) I am not seeing any climbing weakness in the Ecuadorian. However, everyone can have an off day

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Wasn't in the highlights show!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
So what's gonna happen tomorrow? Landa has, I think, the ability to gain enough time on Roglic to mean he can get a podium. But to do so Carapaz will have to be able to go with him. It'll be interesting if Landa can go, Carapaz can't and Landa may have to babysit and give up his podium chances.

Much as I'd love Nibs to get time on Carapaz (not lease for my Velogames team) I am not seeing any climbing weakness in the Ecuadorian. However, everyone can have an off day
I'm past caring ! As long as Hugh Carthy makes top ten and Orla answers my question I'll be happy.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thank heavens for the couch potatoes and Orla, I say, otherwise us armchair watchers woukd have had to endure endless hours of non-racing and Sean Kelly's interminable silences.
Kelly is a legend but I really think it's time to get someone new who can add insight. Adam Blythe, Brad and Smithy have shown expert analysis.
In other news, Jenny Murray should be put out to grass on Womans Hour. Jane Garvey has shown her up.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Thank heavens for the couch potatoes and Orla, I say, otherwise us armchair watchers woukd have had to endure endless hours of non-racing and Sean Kelly's interminable silences.
Kelly is a legend but I really think it's time to get someone new who can add insight. Adam Blythe, Brad and Smithy have shown expert analysis.
In other news, Jenny Murray should be put out to grass on Womans Hour. Jane Garvey has shown her up.
No ! Not Kelly I like him,agree about the rest.You probally don't like to admit to yourself but you've missed Carlton ? I know I have.Blyth,Brad and Smithy have been good and I love Orla (must be the N Irish twang) The discussions dare I say have been better than the racing some days.Two more stages can anything change ?

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Looking forward to today's stage. I expect there to be plenty of attacks from the top 10 in the GC. Should be good!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No ! Not Kelly I like him,agree about the rest.You probally don't like to admit to yourself but you've missed Carlton ? I know I have.Blyth,Brad and Smithy have been good and I love Orla (must be the N Irish twang) The discussions dare I say have been better than the racing some days.Two more stages can anything change ?
The German commentary is excellent, provided by two ex-pros: cyclocrosser and veteran commentator Karsten Migels and 1985 French national champion and former Swiss national team technical director Jean-Claude Leclerq.

Everything can still change. The Cycling Podcast reckon Nibali is saving most of his power for a big push on the final summit finish today. Heck of a high stakes gamble, isn't it?

roadrash

cycle chatterer
@mjr it wasn't in the highlights show because it wasnt a highlight :whistle:

surely Nibali has to have a go today, cant see him just sitting in today.

Top Bottom