Giro 2019 SPOILERS ! (provided by rich p)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
Benedetti's win is doing even more this to confirm that Bora are not just Sagan and some also-rans. They've had a great season so far, even with Sagan off the boil.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Let's hope Landa, Lopez, Yates and Nibali pressure Roglic today. They might be able to isolate him judging by yesterday.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Let's hope Landa, Lopez, Yates and Nibali pressure Roglic today. They might be able to isolate him judging by yesterday.
Only watched the highlights yesterday but it looked like Roglic did ok,few times I saw someone trying to tell him to take his turn ! I think Yates is trying.to save himself,he learnt a hard way last year,still wouldn't write him off.Theres gotta be some big attacks surely...hopefully

We should at least see who's got the ambitions and the legs to match. Jungels and TGH went backwards yesterday and others like Caruso and Chavez looked good. It feels like the race is just starting but we're nearly at the end of the 2nd week.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just seen Polanc interviewed.
"Today in team bus, they say you go in break, I say fark off!"
It was live after the race on ES. Orla, the studio anchor, had to apologise for his "overexuberant language"

I love the Giro, it's by a long way my favourite GT. A stage like this in the TdF would have nothing. Ineos would drill the one climb and keep it all together and they would roll in Gruppo Compacto. As it was, Roglic was isolated, Landa and Lopez attacked and took time. Looking forward to today's stage. I suspect the GC will become somewhat clearer by this evening

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Still boring today, but the long uphill climb tomorrow should open it up amongst the GC

View attachment 467655

It's a bit of a monster (with a more monsterish day to come tomorrow). It brings it home to me when that little bump in the road near the start Colleta di Cumiana is similar to the Snake Pass here in the Peak District...same gradient but the Snake is about a km longer

I'd like to see some of the idiots running along (probably wearing a mankini) six inches from a rider on a climb get some of this!

WARNING; IT'S SWEARY!

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1131606017689686016

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I saw that. While I'm quite happy to engage in physical combat with small children at the roadside in order to grab souvenirs and tat, actually grabbing souvenirs from the riders is ... weird.

I'm kidding. If I ever score any tat or a bidon at the roadside I generally hand it over to the nearest gaggle of kids.

Top Bottom