Giro 2022.....SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Is Caleb GT in disguise?
Lol....I'm pretty sure he crashed on a early stage of the Tour last year ? Good chance he would of won that today aswell.Says he's just a bit sore but going to ride tommorow.

They are spending 3 days in Hungary, and then Monday is an extra rest day to fly the riders back to Italy. Starting a day early means that they can still finish in 3 Sundays time.

Tour of Hungary is next week, so most of the staff, team cars etc will stay, with the main Giro crews already in Sicily or on their way. I feel a bit sorry for the ones who drew the short straw and have to drive the bikes down!

Mike_P

Guru
From Sundays finish to Tuesdays start its a 20 hour road journey according to Google; wonder if any bikes will be flown instead.

Don't they trust the airport baggage handlers?

I was listening to Eurosport (French) and the subject came up: they did not say if any were being flown down but they did say that some teams were driving the bikes down. I imagine they are having to chose which is the lower risk, or if they fly the road bikes but drive the TT bikes down as they will not be needed for a while.

As an afther thought can you imagine the hold space that +/- 600 bikes would take up:ohmy:

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Boom Yates....what a ride ! Takes the stage.
Even Bardet was good 😍

They are spending 3 days in Hungary, and then Monday is an extra rest day to fly the riders back to Italy. Starting a day early means that they can still finish in 3 Sundays time.

Did they do this with Belfast too ? I went there and can't remember. Great weekend though.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Bloody amazing!
I read that that Mitchelton had put a lot of effort into new kit, TT positioning etc for him and it seems to have paid off.
Yes read that myself....3D bars ! You still have to have good legs for that performance though !
Long way to go but he could definately be up there 😁

Top Bottom