Giro 26 - are you experienced?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmileyBoots

Über Member
I have been considering getting Bachetta Giro 20 as with my little legs, I expected the Giro 26 to have too high a seat height for me. However, the spec for the 26" gives a seat height of 33" and this looks as though I may just be able to go for it although I am aware that it is also the width of the seat that will make a difference.

So, does anyone who is my side of 6 foot have a Giro 26, and could give me an idea of the minimum practical rider size? (without needing to wear a pair of platform shoes) I should hate to be mistaken for a certain Mr Glitter.

PalmerSperry

SmileyBoots said:
I have been considering getting Bachetta Giro 20 as with my little legs, I expected the Giro 26 to have too high a seat height for me. However, the spec for the 26" gives a seat height of 33" and this looks as though I may just be able to go for it although I am aware that it is also the width of the seat that will make a difference.

Err ... 33"??? When I look at Bacchetta's website it says 25"? It's teh BB bracket height that's 33"!

SmileyBoots said:
So, does anyone who is my side of 6 foot have a Giro 26, and could give me an idea of the minimum practical rider size? (without needing to wear a pair of platform shoes) I should hate to be mistaken for a certain Mr Glitter.

Well I'm under 6 foot and have slightly short legs for my height and I can get both feet flat on the floor if I sit up vertically (as you might do when stationary for a prolonged period). When I'm leaning back, and I have the seat reclined quite a ways, then I can just get the balls of both my feet on the ground at the same time. I wouldn't want the seat any higher, let's put it that way!

This is with the Recurve seat, if you get the Euromesh instead then I can't say what effect this would have (though Bacchetta's website gives the same seat height for both the Giro-26 and Giro-26ATT).

I think the only real advise is to find a Giro 26 and sit on it?

PS: All the above references the pre-2010 Giro 26. Can't seem to find any information on the 2010 Giro 26 which I know is different, but not entirely sure how much.

OP
OP
SmileyBoots

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Thanks PalmerSperry, you're quite right, the height of 33" is for the BB and not the seat (fingers not conected to brain while typing)

As for sitting on one - I agree that this would be my best bet but I'm waiting for one to become available. If you had said that the 26 would be too high for me, I'd just go for the 20 but thanks to your reply I now know its worth waiting until I can try a 26 before making a decision.

Looks like the annual trip to Little Thetford is looming.

Top Bottom