Giro De Italia Feminin, Maps and Profiles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skip Madness

Why did I have to rejoin as the new site could not recognise me and you guys were recognised ?
No idea.

OP
OP
B

BBRoberts

I think well done to Skip and BBR on this site, Cycling News and the BBC. Well done to you both. And Skip, if it is you posting the Giro updates on you tube - again - well done. Lots of hits and good interest and commentary on this site and the BBC. I just don't know what is going on with the BBC. They put time and effort into cycling but seem to have a completely blind spot for women's road. It makes them look like very weird. Talking of which BBR's threads on the CN forum also got some hits. I particularly liked the Hey guys Mara Abbott in Pink thread and how it developed. BBR I can only confer - the number one thing that has to change is the media. It is the foot on the windpipe of women's road cycling.
A final laugh - over on veloriders - some fools are arguing about lack of coverage of their men only Tour de France on the the BBC. Live stage ends, radio 2 4, & 1 updates at all sports bulletins and live text on the web site is not good enough. Emma Pooley got nothing from the BBC for being probably the 2nd best rider at the Giro. Now that is something to complain about.

The Giro for women was given no special interest by any mainstream cycling website that I know of. The ones who made this edition special were firstly the organizers, the riders who came to contest it, the people who really worked hard to bring you videos and photos, and finally the guys who put a spotlight on it in the forums. Race reports in English have been pretty much a total failure when you comes to solid coverage and good journalism. However Italian sites do somewhat reasonably well with race reports and interviews, but nothing outstanding. There was only one interview of Mara that I know of in Italian and it was short. I know of no interviews for Emma Pooley. CN should of interviewed Mara Abbott for sure. Perhaps they will, but I doubt it. TDF is a beast that overshadows everything right now.

OP
OP
B

BBRoberts

BTW...

I just found the Organization Giro Donne videos, and while perhaps they have been up a little while, those are always good. Also I found a yourtube 3rd party series of 8 videos. I posted the links on my homepage, find the root from the original link for the maps that started this thread. I didn't feel like posting all those links right now, but I got them up on the homepage.

resal

Veteran
Legs put a response in the Veloriders anti-BBC rant stating the case for perspective - the women riders get nothing. The thread continued as if nobody could read his comment. Vanity comment lines - if these guys could only stand back a bit and see just how small they look from a distance.

Top Bottom