Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
6.4 W/kg is a world class FTP by Dr. Coggan's chart, so it shouldn't really indicate a suspicious performance in and of itself.

A lot depends on the accuracy of the figures, but for Nibali to sustain that level of power output for 44 minutes is seriously impressive. Or suspicious, depending on how you look at it.

(As far as Nibali is concerned, I instinctively veer towards the impressed camp.)

VamP

Banned
A lot depends on the accuracy of the figures, but for Nibali to sustain that level of power output for 44 minutes is seriously impressive. Or suspicious, depending on how you look at it.

(As far as Nibali is concerned, I instinctively veer towards the impressed camp.)

It indicates that his FTP is around around 6 w/kg. I don't think that's suspicious at all. Just world class.

I am more suspicious of Astana than his numbers TBH.

kedab

Veteran
:cursing: no giro today - I can't do the gardening in this poxy weather, so now what am I supposed to do, eh?! dammit. I shall finish the Victoria sponge and then take to killing things on xbox, I suppose. or I might get the hoover out...hmmmm, tough choices. I am living the dream today! living the dream! :dry:

Ironically Armstrong rips into Di Luca for taking EPO on twitter

http://au.businessinsider.com/lance-armstrong-rips-a-cyclist-for-doping-2013-5
Armstrong is way past irony and some way past parody.

I really like this thread and the @Noodley pro knowledge that it brings.................

BUT

Why the speculation of doping regarding the current leader? If his Nibs gets caught doping then it's understandably a big talking point but for now it is mere nonsense! Froome and Ritchie Porte have recently pulled off similar uphill time trials.

lukesdad

I really like this thread and the @Noodley pro knowledge that it brings.................

BUT

Why the speculation of doping regarding the current leader? If his Nibs gets caught doping then it's understandably a big talking point but for now it is mere nonsense! Froome and Ritchie Porte have recently pulled off similar uphill time trials.
Nothing like a bit of heathen a*se licking :biggrin:

BUT

True dat. After all, where was all the speculation and finger pointing when Uran nipped off up the road last week ? Where were the questions and suspicions when Froome and Porte destroyed the field at PN ?

Top Bottom