Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing like a bit of heathen a*se licking :biggrin:
There may have been a slight bit of humour in the first sentence. Seemed to be a recurring theme a few pages back. ;)

Why the speculation of doping regarding the current leader? If his Nibs gets caught doping then it's understandably a big talking point but for now it is mere nonsense! Froome and Ritchie Porte have recently pulled off similar uphill time trials.

'tis unfortunately a consequence of the history of the sport and hard to avoid. However I think we have all concurred on the benefit of the doubt but if Noodley pops up with this, he's doomed (Nibs not Noodley, Noodley's doomed anyway)

175023_1238335038012_340_271.jpg

The Couch

Über Member
Nibali ... was known for his TT skills from the beginning of his career...
It's not a complete surprise to see him doing better at TTs if you know his history.
FYI, so was Jurgen Van den Broeck, unfortunately for him (to be a true contender) he didn't manage to grow his earlier shown basic ability

The Couch

Über Member
It's actually a lot easier to improve at TTing then climbing, as the hallmarks of a good climber are low weight and natural explosiveness, neither of which is easily trained. To be good at TTing you need to work on sustaineable power and position, both of which are a lot more trainable.
Don't know if the Schleck brothers would agree :tongue:

This I thought (sorry for any crappy translation)
I'll believe it when i see it but for now i'll assume it's a Nibbles free tour. A let down indeed.

not with the spanish bookmakers
He was pre Giro.
Even the immaculate Cycling weekly had him as 2nd favourite only behind Froome. Still ahead of Contador, Wiggins, Rodriguez and Evans.

Seems odd imo. He is in the form of his life but Nibs or Astana have targeted the Giro and the Vuelta. Seems to me that with all his focus on the Tour he would be in a strong position to walk away with the Maillot Jaune.

He was pre Giro.
Even the immaculate Cycling weekly had him as 2nd favourite only behind Froome. Still ahead of Contador, Wiggins, Rodriguez and Evans.

Seems odd imo. He is in the form of his life but Nibs or Astana have targeted the Giro and the Vuelta. Seems to me that with all his focus on the Tour he would be in a strong position to walk away with the Maillot Jaune.
Maybe Nibali will be the one doing the GT double this year, Giro / Vuelta is possible for him.

Top Bottom