Giro d'Italia 2013, 4th-26th May - [Spoilers]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beastie

Guru
Great end to the stage, and the mountains, if only yesterday had home ahead. Poor Cadel looked farked there. Cav should take the points jersey now, barring crashes etc.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Cav is going to struggle to finish inside the time limit today.

oldroadman

Veteran
20 minutes down today proves he has improved a lot in the climbs, and what a resilient rider he has become. He really needs a good recovery and suppot from the opqs train tomorrow, a win is 25 points and Nibali has 11 point lead, and is likely to roll in with the peloton in trimuph. So, red jersey for Cav tomorrow, I hope, he will wear it on the stage anyway as second placed in the competition with Nibali in pink. Uran should be solid in 2nd for a podium finish as well. Fingers crossed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know that some people feel the cold less than others, but surely those wearing just shorts and short-sleeved jerseys at the end of today's stage would not have been at their optimum riding temperature? (I.e. they were barking mad!)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I wouldn't necessarily call it unsporting - it's just bike racing. But yes, Betancur really showed his class to not only catch up but leave them for dead at the finish - and huge credit to Pozzovivo, nominal team leader, for sacrificing himself to help Betancur.

Betancur probably would have outsprinted Uran and Atapuma for 2nd if he hadn't had to use up his energy in the chase. Might even have caught Nibz.

And on top of all that, he has an amazing 80s throwback haircut.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There's no way Cav is going to want to go home without the Maglia Rosso after making it over the mountains. He'll be going for the intermediate points today and for the win. All he needs is the win, but he'll be wanting to make certain.

Top Bottom