Giro d'Italia 2015 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Well, that was another weird stage win. Aru outriding Landa - presumably on team orders. Because he's Italian, so fecking what?
If Landa doesn't win the Vuelta I'll eat my helmet again.
This race is píssing me off.

400bhp

Guru
Well, that was another weird stage win. Aru outriding Landa - presumably on team orders. Because he's Italian, so fecking what?
If Landa doesn't win the Vuelta I'll eat my helmet again.
This race is píssing me off.

The bit that's on after the race on Eurosport with Juan Antonia Flecha, some english bloke and (a special appearance today) Greg Lemond, Flecha & Lemond thought that the attach by Aru was unexpected by Landa. I dunno...

Good to see Uran have a go and back to some kind of form. I hope he does the TdF.

Roscoe

Veteran
Probably Aru for the Vuelta. If Landa's out of contract and talking to other teams, they won't want World Tour points going to another team.

Rumours that he's talking to Sky, surely they wouldn't take a risk on a rider from Astana???

400bhp

Guru
Rumours that he's talking to Sky, surely they wouldn't take a risk on a rider from Astana???

Why not? You can't run a business based on unsubstantiated fact, rumours and supposition. So long as they do all the due diligence they can (which I believe they do) pre purchase then it's fine.

If what you are suggesting was true then the market would correct the situation. What I mean by that is that no-one (clean teams) would risk purchasing a rider from Astana, the riders marketability would drop substantially, coupled with the fact Astana would then struggle to attract riders, they would go into obscurity. Hmmmm, now there's an idea...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
They're said to be considering putting Aru up for the Vuelta.
I thought team leader for the Vuelta would be payback for letting Aru have 2nd here. If he's leaving Astana though....
So long as they do all the due diligence they can (which I believe they do
Therein lies the rub, though.
It was common knowledge, albeit unsubstantiated, that Michael Barry, Geert Leinders, Sean Yates were tainted but got through the interview with Dr Steve Peters.
JTL was the subject of much peloton gossip.
Sky need to do more than take it at face value if they insist on being a zero-tolerance team, IMO

sleaver

Veteran
This is probably showing my naivety in my knowledge of pro racing, but what are Dario Cataldo's performances for Astana like compared to when he was at Sky for the past couple of seasons?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why not? You can't run a business based on unsubstantiated fact, rumours and supposition. So long as they do all the due diligence they can (which I believe they do) pre purchase then it's fine.
Do they? Leinders ... Julich ... JTL Etc

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Just watched the preview of the strada banca climb to Colle delle Finestre. Looks tough on a rough road but at least it's dry.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
This is turning into the doping gits thread.

Did I just come in to hear Kelly and Hatch talking openly about Chiapucci doping?

Top Bottom