Giro d'Italia 2016 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Can't believe his DS didn't tell Moser that Trentin was coming, but I guess he was stuffed either way. If he'd gone long Brambilla would have had a tow to the line.

Edit. Moser just said on TV that he didn't know Trentin was that close, so he must have unplugged.

Or it took his DS by suprise. Might be the team didn't get the information, rather than they didn't get it to him. It also looked to me as though he wasn't really looking behind, apart from the odd glance at Brambilla.

Not sure he'd have been able to do anything about it anyway. Trentin was flying, and Moser didn't look as though he had all that much left in the tank - it seemed to me Brambilla had made him work enough earlier to tire him out.

If he'd sat behind Brambilla for the last km the outcome would likely have been the same, if he'd gone long I don't know that he'd have had enough speed to hold off Brambilla or particularly Trentin.

Great teamwork by Brambilla, again. Old head on young shoulders and all that.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Brambilla is having a great tour. He's been on my 'like' radar since he had a punch up with some doped Russian Tinkoff rider a year or two ago.

Brambilla is having a great tour. He's been on my 'like' radar since he had a punch up with some doped Russian Tinkoff rider a year or two ago.
It was Rovny, the bloke from the chasing group who cooked it on the corner before the final climb yesterday and had a close encounter with the barriers.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well for two stages that could have both been pretty boring, with the GC boys sitting back, those have been two thrilling finishes.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
My favourite thing about this Giro is that the "Classics Teams" of Lotto Soudal, Lotto Jumbo and Etixx-QS are completely shafting the "Grand Tour Teams" e.g. Sky, Astana, BMC. Movistar (I generalise, obvs.)

I haven't by any means seen all of every stage, but is there a feeling that the GT mentality is hurting the big teams while the others are getting further by treating it almost as a series of classics?

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Or it took his DS by suprise. Might be the team didn't get the information, rather than they didn't get it to him. It also looked to me as though he wasn't really looking behind, apart from the odd glance at Brambilla.
The Cycling Podcast say that Moser had removed his earpiece.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Softening up. Coming back together a bit now, still just a handful though. Think OGE got a bit overexcited there.

Top Bottom