Giro d'Italia 2016 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I really enjoyed that. If the TdF is half as entertaining as that it will be a good 'un. Plenty of action in the GC, plenty of excitement in the non-GC stages. Pity that the sprinters comp was a bit of a nonsense with the big boys dropping out.

400bhp

Guru
I have to question Niblali's sanity taking on the TDF after this.

400bhp

Guru
Some of the Tour's early stages look like wind could be a factor. Wonder what odds you'd get on the peloton splitting with Aru caught in the chasing group and Nibali up the road...
Coincidentally I am right at this minute in the area of the grande departe. I went out for a ride this morning. 15mph nw wind with very straight and open roads and the rolling terrain make it ideal for echelons to form

Hont

Guru
I think this is a lot closer to the mark. I'd shied away from raising the spectre of doping earlier in this thread, and I think Astana got the tactics just right, but I hate that there's always that suspicion they're able to make the tactics stick because of an extra edge...
Astana bring a murky brown sheen to their every achievement. Some of that will inevitably stick to Nibali. And will likely do so for the rest of his career, whoever he rides for.

Top Bottom