Giro d'Italia 2016 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really hope that was all legit, because Nibali really did look like he had completely new legs the last two days. Tactically perfect ride today, with enormous credit to Scarponi and Kangert who each rode as impressively as Nibali.
I've seen only a few interpretations of his power but they looked entirely believable. I also consider it entirely believable that you can see turnarounds of minutes in stages as riders have good and bad days. Ultimately who knows but Nibali didn't do a Landis.

SWSteve

Guru
Has Nibali stayed at the same level, and others have sank beneath him, whilst he keeps swimming? I can't help but feel this is a feature of his, where he may seem a little below the other riders, but stays strong for the whole race, not the first 18 stages.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've seen only a few interpretations of his power but they looked entirely believable. I also consider it entirely believable that you can see turnarounds of minutes in stages as riders have good and bad days. Ultimately who knows but Nibali didn't do a Landis.

True, and he did almost start to fall apart on the steepest part of the last climb...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Scarponi seemed to roll back the years and he's a rider we can all admire...

I think this is a lot closer to the mark. I'd shied away from raising the spectre of doping earlier in this thread, and I think Astana got the tactics just right, but I hate that there's always that suspicion they're able to make the tactics stick because of an extra edge...

The Paddy Power advert is most amusing

rliu

Veteran
Cannot believe Nizzolo still hasn't got a stage win, not seen replays of the sprint but it does seem instances of riders getting relegated for impediment are getting more regular, can count Zakarin in Romandie and Greipel in Tour of Britain as recent examples.

beastie

Guru
Cannot believe Nizzolo still hasn't got a stage win, not seen replays of the sprint but it does seem instances of riders getting relegated for impediment are getting more regular, can count Zakarin in Romandie and Greipel in Tour of Britain as recent examples.
It was a clear case of changing his line. Right decision imo

Top Bottom