Giro d'Italia 2016 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Lots of psychology going on in the front group. Visconti saying he can't ride because he's waiting for Valverde, then later putting in a dig... Dombrowski refusing to take a turn after Atapuma has just upped the pace again... and now, Taramaae and Kangert are back on.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
...and I'm going to miss the end as I have to go out now! :sad:

I haven't really looked before at how Chaves rides, so he might be looking normal now but to me he looks to be pedalling squares and his face is drawn.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
That's Chaves blown

beastie

Guru
Great determination from Nibali. In the end though he was only a bit better than Valverde. If Kruisjwijck disnae crash he would have probly won and Chavez has run out of gas.

Nibali showing that having two bad days is recoverable and showing good tactical awareness. Each time he has had an advantage the clever teamwork has really dragged as much out of it as possible. Conversely when he had a jour sans he held the damage and fought on.

Or he was very well prepared for the last two stages...........

OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I haven't really looked before at how Chaves rides, so he might be looking normal now but to me he looks to be pedalling squares and his face is drawn.
German commentary suggested he had some shifting problems and had to mash when he wouldn't ordinarily. Flat/dud Di2 battery or similar, perhaps? It'll be interesting what is said in interviews.

There's nothing wrong with Nibali except riding for Team Vino (as far as we know) but with all I've read about him, I can't really get enthusiastic about him winning rather than the last two leaders. Oh well, at least it's not Valverde.

Top Bottom