Giro d'Italia 2016 ***spoilers***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Nibali was looking similarly vulnerable earlier in the week but yesterday was a masterclass in crushing your rivals, both mentally and physically.

And in teamwork and tactics. Two riders up the road to help if needed, Scarponi taking the Cima Coppi then dropping back for Nibali (so two pots for the price of one, etc.). I thought OGE's attack over the Agnello was optimistic, but what it did do was split Kruijswijk from his support leaving him isolated at a critical time.

On a completely OT point, I would love to own a 1970s Tour de France vehicle complete with funky car horn. It would be, as I believe the kids say nowadays, da bomb.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
That man Brambilla in the breakaway again, and Movistar and Astana have both put someone up there. Only 10km in though.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Breakaway Nieve, Kangert, Atapuma, Dombrowski, Brambilla, Rybalkin, Foliforov, Denifl, Visconti, Ulissi, Taaramae at about 6'00" lead, just topped the first climb.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
And they're at the bottom of the Bonette. Nieve off on his own.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Nieve over the top of the Bonette, into the blue jersey and taking a newspaper. Nice to see that flash back to tradition in these days of technical clothing.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'll be glad when this Giro's over so I don't have to listen to Hatch mangling Kraftwerk's name...

:blush:

Top Bottom