Giro d'Italia 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Slightly mind-boggling that Tejay has never won a GT stage before today.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
"Ooh, I could crush a grape!"
tejay.jpg

Movistar seem to be taticless in this, When Quintana met up with his teammates on the attack they were riding far too slowly, almost like a disasterous relay baton change, and the pace never changed. I am starting to wonder if Quitana will ever be able to be the blow the race apart rider i hoped, i realise he still has a couple of years until his probable peak but there are a few riders a couple of years younger than him that could develop faster than he will now. If Quitana cant take some real time out of everyone but Dumoulin over the next couple of days he could easily be off the podium with the TT.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Movistar seem to be taticless in this, When Quintana met up with his teammates on the attack they were riding far too slowly, almost like a disasterous relay baton change, and the pace never changed. I am starting to wonder if Quitana will ever be able to be the blow the race apart rider i hoped, i realise he still has a couple of years until his probable peak but there are a few riders a couple of years younger than him that could develop faster than he will now. If Quitana cant take some real time out of everyone but Dumoulin over the next couple of days he could easily be off the podium with the TT.
The lack of blowing apart the pack is hopefully a good sign of clean racing. Call me naive! He has won GTs and other stage races while looking much much stronger than the opposition.
Like you, I expected him to be stronger than he has appeared so far but many a slip twixt etc etc etc

The lack of blowing apart the pack is hopefully a good sign of clean racing. Call me naive! He has won GTs and other stage races while looking much much stronger than the opposition.
Like you, I expected him to be stronger than he has appeared so far but many a slip twixt etc etc etc
I totally agree, his natural advantages should put him level with a good doper. That leaves the question though, who, out of who is beating him, is doping?

Adam4868

Guru
Just watched the highlights and Quintana looks nothing like last year.Where Doumoulin looks something else.Very calculated in his racing,even a bit Froome like in so much as waiting and pacing himself.There was no love lost their today,lke he said "im suprised they let Pinot go and get time on them,whilst they were worrying about me" Great race though !

Just watched the highlights and Quintana looks nothing like last year.Where Doumoulin looks something else.Very calculated in his racing,even a bit Froome like in so much as waiting and pacing himself.There was no love lost their today,lke he said "im suprised they let Pinot go and get time on them,whilst they were worrying about me" Great race though !
I am gobsmacked by Dumooulins performance tbh. In my brain i had him filed away in the "Spring Classics and not too pointy one week stage races" box.

Great battle too for the white jersey, consecutive places in GC and only around 30 seconds separating the three of them, Yates, Formolo, Jungels. Jungels a little off pace in the mountains but looking to get it back on Sunday's TT. Yates moved up yesterday but was also a little off the pace at the finish. A war of attrition.

Top Bottom