Giro d'italia - Comes to Belfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
She'd scare you Netty. We are currently outside city hall having successfully obtained tickets! Not long til it's under way...we watched the run through and it looks great

Actually, the taxi driver fae the airport said "yer man" before eventually naming the person he was on about. His clues were good tho, and I think I got on his nerves by knowing who he was on about before he got to name them, e.g "what about yer man? he was done with doping but got off with it"..Contador. "and yer man that's from around here that did not too bad a few years ago"...Roche, "yer man that's from around here and fell off a few weeks ago"...Martin. I caught him out with "what about yer man that's from around here that you haven't mentioned"...Deignan. he added 2 quid to the fare for that I think! ;)

After half a day with me my daughter is wondering how I manage to atract so many weirdos and speak to them - first I had "Bones" (I am guessing at his name but Bones seemed to be a name tattooed quite a bit on his body) who I had not a clue what he was saying as he knecked a 3 litre bottle of cider at 3pm, and then Austin (I know his name as he showed me some recet correspondence from his CPN, the Police and his solicitor) who sat next to me in Burger King and proceeded to tell me all about his woes. Luckily I am a good listener even when I don't have a clue what they are on about. It all adds to the visit.

Glad you're enjoying the local colour Marmion.

Where are you watching tomorrow?

This was after you told me to wave my hand in the air, within a crowd of 5500 people who had just waved their hands in the air! I admit it, OK.... I was wrong about the fat bit :laugh:

My text of "turn left and wave your hand in the air" was sent seconds before the twat on stage shouted "Belfast, let's see your hands in the air..." I did have a chuckle to myself.

Glad you're enjoying the local colour Marmion.

Where are you watching tomorrow?

Heading out onto the course about 10am to see the wrm up and then heading over to Titanic Quarter a bit later; not sure what I'll be doing re watching the TTT, but might wander from Titanic to Newtownards Road and then City Hall to see it at various points

thom

____
Heading out onto the course about 10am to see the wrm up and then heading over to Titanic Quarter a bit later; not sure what I'll be doing re watching the TTT, but might wander from Titanic to Newtownards Road and then City Hall to see it at various points
I'm thinking about pottering over to the Titanic 0.25 during the warm up - depends a bit on my partner but I suspect the warm up might be nearly as interesting as the event itself, at least as far as pictures are concerned.

Top Bottom