Giro d'italia - Comes to Belfast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
[QUOTE 3071201, member: 259"]Why change the habit of a lifetime? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What?

400bhp

Guru
Bast-jealous of those that are there.

I really enjoyned watching last year's TDF TT to Mont St Michel. Sat on a bit of grass all day with squillions of others.

Loved seeing the riders checking out the course, just pottering about.

Here's the OPQS team getting ready for a practice run.

Attachments

• 20140509_110123.jpg
    20140509_110123.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 56
Got loads of pics at the start and on the course from the warm-up but didn't see anyone fall off.
I've got my cowbells sorted for tonight courtesy of chainreactioncycles who were handing them out free. And I have a bag full of other free tat.

thom

____
Really good atmosphere on the route - ffs the sun has come out !

"They'll be bringing the Olympics here next you know"

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I waited it out to see if the rain would appear and I was wrong! Thus I CBA crawling my way to belfast as public transport is reportedly packed like sardines.

Still haven't got over the shock of paying £6.90 single from Larne to Central last night.. Most robbers wear some form of mask

Just back at the hostel after 13 hours on my feet, blisters on both of them now. Well worth it tho as an excellent day out. An early start again tomorrow, starting off with an Ulster Fry and then back to the titanic quarter to watch the stage start before a bit of sight-seeing touristy stuff and back to the City Hall for the stage finale. I am in need of beer and have managed to get my hands on some Belfast Blonde craft beer, which is going down a treat.

It was good to see so many people out on their bikes in club colours as well, it seems as if every cycling club in and around Belfast has changed their club kit to incorporate pink. Good on you, to be sure, so it is, etc.

Top Bottom