Giro d'Italia *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I notice Miller and co. have been complaining about the danger of the downhill gravel sections. This is what makes the Giro so interesting though - the organisers seem to be prepared to put the riders through the kind of suffering that other Tours just don't. It's great for spectators.

On another note, I think it's sad but also good to see Leopard Trek withdraw as a mark of respect for Weylandt. I always wonder when teams say they will 'ride on' as a mark of respect that it isn't actually the bottom line speaking. In this case, it is quite clearly not.

raindog

er.....
Not just "Millar and co." but about half the riders including Di Luca and Contador.

Agree re Leopard Trek - they seemed to be genuinely and deeply in shock.

EDIT
just watched the signing on and stage start in Italian - great for atmosphere even if I can understand FA. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That was an awesome last few km in the stage today. Ventoso looks f*cked. He can't even get up to celebrate his win right now.

What was Pettachi up to? A most unusual finish.

That was weird! he just seemed to ease up on the pedals when he had it in the bag and pedal slowly, I wonder if he had already done a deal with the Moviestar rider? I only pedal like that when I'm completely knackered but know I still have 20 miles to go and seem to get a fresh burst of energy as I'm approaching my destination.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Word on the strade is that Petacchi had a tenner on Ventoso for the win. Keep it to yourself though.

gavintc

Guru
Well, just to rub it in. Spent the day cycling the hills around Avellino and then went up the mountain to watch the final of today's stage. Stunning weather, great roads and great to see the Giro (even it is for only a few seconds). Back home new for dinner with the neighbours.

Hoogerland is as mad as a box of frogs but in a good way. Love the way he rode straight past the break.

Scarponi looks well prepared. Where is he on that UCI list? Timed it a bit wrong today though but for the sake of two more metres.

raindog

er.....
Well, just to rub it in. Spent the day cycling the hills around Avellino and then went up the mountain to watch the final of today's stage. Stunning weather, great roads and great to see the Giro (even it is for only a few seconds). Back home new for dinner with the neighbours.
Will you be watching any more stages? Take any photos?

gavintc

Guru
Will you be watching any more stages? Take any photos?

I did take some pics - must review them and see if any are worth publishing. Sadly, my work routine has prevented me taking more time off work. We had planned to head down to Sicily but will have to watch the highlights on the tele.

Top Bottom