Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
In the hospital car park I'm wearing a hi vis night vision jacket jeans and a blue Brighton hove albion wooly hat:

Angry driver bloke: Oi Mate! The bloody machine keeps spewing out my ticket!!

Me: Erm...

Him: Look for f%*s sake what is it with you people!!!

Me: excuse me

Him: You screw us for £4 then dont let us out and you can teven keep the bloody ticket machines working! Typical of you lot...

me: Calm down a moment and...

Him: Dont you ffing tell me to calm down just fix the ffing machine and let me out of here!!!!

Me: You need to pay at the office th emachine is broken, it's over there (pointing to th ehut where I had just come from to pay my own ticket)

Him: You go and get the bloody ticket !!(trys to give me a fiver)

Me : Sorry mate just calm down ok..

Him: Are you gonna fix the effing machine or what?

Me: NO

Him: why the F not !?!

Me: Because I dont work here, I've just been visiting .

Him: Oh I'm so sorry mate.

Arch

Married to Night Train
In the hospital car park I'm wearing a hi vis night vision jacket jeans and a blue Brighton hove albion wooly hat:

Him: You screw us for £4 then dont let us out and you can teven keep the bloody ticket machines working! Typical of you lot...

Him: Dont you ffing tell me to calm down just fix the ffing machine and let me out of here!!!!

Me: You need to pay at the office th emachine is broken, it's over there (pointing to th ehut where I had just come from to pay my own ticket)

Should have just taken his fiver and driven off!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Me: Mum said that you are going to eat healthily..

Daughter: Yep, thats right.

Me: Going vegetarian?

Daughter: Pretty much so.

Me: No meat at all?

Daughter: Not until I go back to Bangor, get drunk and a kebab will sound like a good idea.

Me: That's my girl!!!

sitting in wagamama last night after an afternoon at the science museum and a fraught journey home through apres pooball traffic... i retrieved my Kosntruktor camera (a DIY job that cost all of £30) and snapped a couple of shots of girlski. she looked at me and said..

"did you take photos of me?"

me: "yes"

girlski: "i look terrible, delete them"

me: "it's film"

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Me: Excuse me, do you have this jacket in a small ?
Shopkeeper: No sorry, we only have an extra large left, would you like to try that ?
Me: I don't think that will fit me do you....
Shopkeeper: No, probably not
Me: Probably not ? How small can an extra large be.....

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Me: Probably not ? How small can an extra large be.....

A question I find myself asking every time I try on Italian-sourced cycling clothing.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just popped into the supermarket near work to get some stuff for breakfast.. the shop was eerily quiet and as I got to the tills, they're all apparently closed but there's three staff by the ciggy counter. On seeing me, one smiled and said..
'Till three's free, we're quiet, I was just chatting with the girls'
'Good job :thumbsup:, there's too much rushing round nowadays, take it easy while you can'
'That'll be £1.90, ..its been really quiet the last few days......, nice to...'
I cut her short...'too much talking, im in a rush y'know, i havnt got all day...:laugh:
Its one of those times you hope the recipient got the joke and irony...she did :laugh:
The woman behind me looked a tad shocked, then realised i was joking...^_^

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Not what you'd call standard dialogue, but in a new evolutionary development I've just conducted some echo location experiments that gave some depressing results.

On a brunch o'clock mission I ambled over to the fridge. I open the door expecting to bask in an ironic Ready Brek glow™ of low effort yummy munchables, but am instead met with the haunting whale-like moan of the echo of my rumbling stomach reverberating around the empty cabinet. My fridge has vocalised its emptiness, its lashing it down with rain, nearly everythings going to be shut tomorrow and I need to go shopping. Unfortunately my attempt at dialogue for the day is littered with forceful f's and pathetic groans.

Last edited:

Thomk

Guru
Daughter 2: Is she in here?
Me: No
D2: Pinky promise?
Me: No
D2: That means she's definitely in here!
Me: Fill your boots
D2: I don't think she's in here

And off she went.

Had similiar conversations myself on numerous occasions!

Top Bottom