Give me some dialogue from your day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
'Ooh, that looks painful ' i said to the old fella as he shuffled toward the till, he was obviously seriously struggling.. We exchanged a few words, no biggie.
But, a few minutes beforehand, I'd have happily berated him for parking his car very poorly at the petrol pump, leaving me (or anyone else) having to squeeze out of their car...fookin idiot I thought. Then you realise why he did, simply to get out his car...followed by an instant mellowing of my attitude.
I'd never thought of that issue... My late father was very similar to that in his last few years of driving. He was in so much pain that it used to take him 15-20 minutes from when he decided to get up from his chair, to when he would be actually driving off in the car. I had never considered how he filled up. Maybe he knew a petrol station where they had someone to help?

Lullabelle

Banana
Sitting with my boss earlier, we were discussing the progress with the new computer system and she thought we were a bit behind, yes we are but

Me: thing is, some days it feels as though the phone rings every 5 minutes

My boss: I forget about that to be honest, it is only when you are not here and S**** is not around to answer the phone that I realise just how many calls you get in a day so it is a constant interruption.

I am glad she realises this, I am receptionist as well as purchase ledger and it does sometimes feel as though I spend most of my day on the phone taking messages etc... :wacko:

Mid-year appraisal with my Boss. She is looking at the boxes of an online Form in which I’m supposed to have entered my career aspirations, targets for the rest of the year etc. etc.

Boss: Hmmm.. it seems you’ve put even less in than last time?

Me: Yes. Well. They’ve changed the Form. It used to be that you couldn’t submit it unless you’d completed all of the fields.

Boss: I see. So this time you’ve put absolutely nothing, whereas last time you entered a dot in each field? :laugh:

Me: Look. I’m 55. I’ve just changed down to a 3-day week. I don’t want or need a career. I just do it for a bit of pocket money and to help preserve my mental faculties.

Boss: I understand that, it’s just that HR are insisting this year that we put something down for career aspirations.

Me: How about “To do a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay”?

Boss: That’ll do. :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Mid-year appraisal with my Boss. She is looking at the boxes of an online Form in which I’m supposed to have entered my career aspirations, targets for the rest of the year etc. etc.

Boss: Hmmm.. it seems you’ve put even less in than last time?

Me: Yes. Well. They’ve changed the Form. It used to be that you couldn’t submit it unless you’d completed all of the fields.

Boss: I see. So this time you’ve put absolutely nothing, whereas last time you entered a dot in each field? :laugh:

Me: Look. I’m 55. I’ve just changed down to a 3-day week. I don’t want or need a career. I just do it for a bit of pocket money and to help preserve my mental faculties.

Boss: I understand that, it’s just that HR are insisting this year that we put something down for career aspirations.

Me: How about “To do a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay”?

Boss: That’ll do. :laugh:
That last part from you still acceptable?

gbb

Legendary Member
Me to Mick, a regular visitor in his artic lorry...im stood by his lorry door, he's
In his cab...im replacing an airline as a favour...
'Bloomin ell, what stinks around here '
'Adblue...it smells rotten when the engine is cold, it'll stop smelling when it gets hotter'
'Blimey, I didn't know that...smells like someone's got the trots'

gbb

Legendary Member
'Tell Colin (me) theres $6000 AUS worth of bike sat in my garage, never been used. If you come over, he can have it'

That was in a FB message to my wife.
She has family in Australia, they came over a couple years ago and are desperate for us to go over.

Tempting or what :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
'Tell Colin (me) theres $6000 AUS worth of bike sat in my garage, never been used. If you come over, he can have it'

That was in a FB message to my wife.
She has family in Australia, they came over a couple years ago and are desperate for us to go over.

Tempting or what :wacko:
You booked the tickets yet?

gbb

Legendary Member
Yesterday,
I watched my 19 month old grandaughter Imogen toddle across the kitchen, something in her hands, clamped across her nose.....my underpants :blush:. She'd opened the washing machine (again) and taken fresh washing out of it (again) and was loving the smell of the conditioner (again) :whistle:

I turned to my wife and Imogens mum...
'Any other situation, that'd be plain WIERD' :laugh:

My wife...
'She's a mare, she LOVES the smell of the conditioner' :laugh:

Top Bottom